• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krg X-ray/bravo upgrade choice

z7.jled

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
Gonna upgrade my X-ray soon as I convert it to a kids 223

I want to upgrade the polymer forend to something better and I’ve narrowed down my choices to two primary choices. They are the same price and are similar in features. There is a 10oz weight difference with the krg being lighter. I don’t want a super heavy gun, but I want more rigidity than the polymer provides and I want an arca rail

Krg enclosed arca forend.
Vs
Vision krg forend

What’s the recommendation?

The Vision forends for a 700sa aren't available right at this moment, but will be very soon. I backordered one and can report back when I receive it. Hopefully it's as nice as it looks.

I have 2 KRG closed forend´s and i am happy with those.
Integrated ARCA would be awesome.
T20.JPG

I have 2 KRG closed forend´s and i am happy with those.
Integrated ARCA would be awesome.
View attachment 7785752
Pretty sure KRG just launched exactly that (I saw it somewhere yesterday for the first time).

I'll see if I can find the link. If so I'm kinda peeved, I have the older model enclosed forend and separate Arca rail on order. Grrrr!

Edit, yup - looks like they have - link

TUB-R7S-ARC-D04.jpg

Reactions: viking78
That is pretty sweet. My bank acct does not thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I’m leaning KRG but the gcp will color match my green X-ray,

I’ll probably have to ask the wife and the 10yr old daughter which one, both should preform well

Reactions: viking78
Only one of them exists currently assuming you are talking R700. Are you willing to wait for an unknown amount of time?

Only one of them exists currently assuming you are talking R700. Are you willing to wait for an unknown amount of time?
The back order doesn’t bother me too much, I’ll call Rick this week and see how long it will take for the next shipment to arrive from Europe

The krg is also in stock

So I’m not worried about shipping, I can’t use anything until nearly April anyway because of work