• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jumbofinks

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2021
Australia
Hi,

I'm new to the whole gun topic though im slowely getting around it. My question comes from the purchase of a 1962 Krico rimfire firearm that looks very much in tact. I've been pulling it apart and exploring it and I've come to the extractors on the pin (see image).

I can't find images for what the extractors on this particular bolt should look like, though I wanted to ask the forum if the one on the right is damaged or it in fact is meant to look the way it does? Reason I ask is that both extractors look considerably different. Any ideas?
IMG_8615.jpeg

I think the only the one on the left is an extractor. The one on the right is a holder. I’m not familiar with the krico but the bolt on my cz looks the same.
Do you mind if I ask which model of CZ ? I maybe able to research information on the CZ that could answer my question. CZ is well documented.

Supposed to be that way. Provides side tension to hold the extractor over the rim. 22 rims can be hard to grab by some guns, especially as they wear.

Reactions: Jumbofinks
I've had this talk before!! Yes ALL .22 rimfires are controlled feed. Even a Ruger 10/22 auto is control round feed. Otherwise a extractor slamming over a rim could cause a discharge. Now the mauser fan boys can throw a fit haha

Reactions: Jumbofinks
I've had this talk before!! Yes ALL .22 rimfires are controlled feed. Even a Ruger 10/22 auto is control round feed. Otherwise a extractor slamming over a rim could cause a discharge. Now the mauser fan boys can throw a fit haha
thanks for taking out the time to explain. Cheers

so how to vudoo (or anything else) single feed?

Single feed it pops over. Just don't close that bolt too fast! I had a .22 one time that didn't want to single feed, the extractor didn't want to pop over the rim. Fed fine from the magazine. I thought it was very dangerous but I have never heard of a rimfire going off like that. I would think in a simi auto that if your extractor didn't want to pop over the rim it could go bang with the force of the bolt return. Every mag fed .22 I know of is CRF. Just like a Mauser except smaller scale. One I'm not sure of is the Klinegunther K22. It had a really offbeat 3 foward lug setup. I can't remember if the extractor popped over the rim or how it exactly fed.

In control round feed, the round is always under control of either the magazine or the bolt.

Single shot .22LR are generally not control round feed. The older, pre-1965 Anschutz Match 54 single shot rilfes, for example, had a feed tray and the bolt has only a single "extractor"; it loads the same way as post-65's by pushing the bullet into the chamber. The extractor claw snaps over the rim when the round is chambered fully. Many similar rifles use the feed tray to help steer the bullet into the chamber as the bolt face pushes the bullet.

For what it's worth, the Bergara website describes the B14R as being a "push feed action". https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/rimfire-series/b14r-carbon-rifle/ It may, in fact, may be what is sometimes referred to as a "controlled round push feed". In a post elsewhere, Ravage has offered the following opinion

RAVAGE;12151467 said:
A good number of magazine fed 22LRs are CRF, including one of the more successful of CRF systems, the 10/22. There are some that are considered CRF that are really, Controlled Round Push Feed, like the B14R (yes, it's a thing). As stated, Bergara considers their action to be Push Feed and this is a respectable position due to the true definition of CRF. Single shot 22LRs are generally not CRF.

MB