• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krispy wtf Kreme

They are good hot. I have had better though at a mom and pop bakery.

We have a ton of them down where I live, and on balance they're probably my least favorite donuts. Even hot they're not as good as other hot donuts and cold they're terrible.

AS5XAUz.jpg

That's the line around a city block in NYC for a thing called a "cronut," a croissant-donut hybrid.

We like fried dough here, some of it much more than others.

Locally, this is the place: Bake Shop, Coffee Shop

And no, I don't get the attraction to Krispy Kreme, either.

Yeah Veer, but up there you can get TastyKakes from the grocery. I used to love when my ex-wife would take her mother up there to visit family because, well, my wife and mother in law were gone for a week or two, which is already pretty awesome, but they'd also come back with a trunk full of TastyKakes and Utz chips.

AS5XAUz.jpg

That's the line around a city block in NYC for a thing called a "cronut," a croissant-donut hybrid.

We like fried dough here, some of it much more than others.

Locally, this is the place: Bake Shop, Coffee Shop

And no, I don't get the attraction to Krispy Kreme, either.

The attraction is that you feel so much safer knowing that guys like Slappy are never far away.

Lots of KK donuts in my AO. Drove past one of there shops going to law school. The Kangaroo convenience stores stock them- delivered daily. Long story short, if you have a donut jones they are a quick fix. A few weeks ago, some donut fiend did a review of donut shops across the country and Ralph ' s Donuts in Cookeville, Tn made the top 20. I used to get a dozen donuts and several cups of coffee on my way to a local gunshop. Those were DELICIOUS. Literally melted in your mouth.

Krispy Kreme is just OK.

There is at least one other donut shop in Cookeville, Big O Donuts. In college, i dated a girl that worked there. Needless to say, she did not get any smaller.

Last edited:
My God! You people have lost your minds. They are one of the greatest pieces of dough to have passed my lips. They are even great as a bun for a bacon cheeseburger. I wouldnt wait hours for one, but they are by far my favorite donut!

Ryan

Nothing better than Krispy Kreme! Grew up where they were invented and have eaten at the original shop. It's been remodeled now, but still in the same location. Stratford Rd. in Winston-Salem NC

Sent via Tapatalk on S3

Like anything else, some think the donuts are crap while others think they are the greatest things on the planet. For me, I would say they are ok but you need to get them fresh and warm. This argument goes right along with the In-N-Out burger debate. I think they are crap while many others think they are the best.

When I used to work the night shift I'd stop in KK while they were cooking the donuts and have a terrible cup of coffee and watch the things being cooked and running on the conveyor. Watching donuts on a conveyor is more interesting than it should be when you're sleep-fucked halfway through a 12 hour shift, but even right off the conveyor, and I mean donuts that were maybe one minute old, they still didn't measure up to other hot donuts in my opinion.

^ Some stereotypes are true. :)

Yeah no shit. Funny story on how I would end up in the damn KK:

All the cops would avoid the KK for 2 reasons: (1) none of us wanted our cars seen in front of a KK because of the fucking stereotype and (2) because the coffee and donuts sucked. We much preferred Waffle House.

Well, with no cops around, the damn KK got robbed like 3 damn times in a few months, so we were given a directed patrol to stop in the KK on night shift. I just laughed and asked them "you're really telling us to go park our asses at KK when we're not on calls?" Which was indeed "the plan". Guys actually got in trouble for NOT being at the KK on night shift, which was retarded. I would sit across the street in an "ambush" location watching the KK and was told that was insufficient.

Tax dollars at work.

Warm they are to die for... Cold you'll wish you were dead.

If you really want '2D4' go to the Rainbow Cafe right there in your home town. Best cinnamon pancakes Ive ever had, with fresh butter and real maple syrup. Damn!!!!!

Yeah no shit. Funny story on how I would end up in the damn KK:

All the cops would avoid the KK for 2 reasons: (1) none of us wanted our cars seen in front of a KK because of the fucking stereotype and (2) because the coffee and donuts sucked. We much preferred Waffle House.

Well, with no cops around, the damn KK got robbed like 3 damn times in a few months, so we were given a directed patrol to stop in the KK on night shift. I just laughed and asked them "you're really telling us to go park our asses at KK when we're not on calls?" Which was indeed "the plan". Guys actually got in trouble for NOT being at the KK on night shift, which was retarded. I would sit across the street in an "ambush" location watching the KK and was told that was insufficient.

Tax dollars at work.

Maybe you were really there to suppress the 3 AM brawls at Waffle House? Seriously, Waffle Houses are damned dangerous places.

Maybe you were really there to suppress the 3 AM brawls at Waffle House? Seriously, Waffle Houses are damned dangerous places.

Yeah, there was one in a less than desirable area that had to hire 2 officers as security on the night shift. One night their position got overrun and it took an entire patrol squad to deal with the mess. Some guys would set up on the Awful Waffle looking for drunk drivers but to me that was hunting over a baited field.