• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kriss Vector Barrel

EricM40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
Georgia
How does the barrel attach on this thing? Does it thread on or bolt in? I am unable to find any pictures of one.

I ask because I'm interested in one, but would like a 16" barrel and a shorty.

Can anyone post pics?

Thanks

Re: Kriss Vector Barrel

I dont think that they are easily changed. I inquired about getting a short threaded barrel for one a while back and Kriss will change it for a fair price when you buy the barrel from them.

from what i read they will convert it to a sbr for you and it keeps the warranty, but if you cut it down or replace it without them doing the work it kills the warranty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricM40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the barrel attach on this thing? Does it thread on or bolt in? I am unable to find any pictures of one.

I ask because I'm interested in one, but would like a 16" barrel and a shorty. </div></div>

Neither threaded nor bolted on...it is machine pressed into a trunion as well as pinned. Given the nature of the beast, the design does not permit you to "swap" barrels like what you are suggesting you want to do in switching between a 16" and a short barrel. Essentially, you would have to drill out swage pins and press out the barrel pin and finally press the barrel out of the trunnion. It is fairly major machine work and I wouldn't suggest it. There is a dedicated Kriss forum out there someone with pics/vids of the Vector in all stages of assembly/disassembly and I believe that this topic has been thoroughly fleshed out over there in great detail.

Better off to just bite the bullet and buy a SBR to start with. On a side note, dont you think that these guns look alot like this.

hammerdrill.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better off to just bite the bullet and buy a SBR to start with. On a side note, dont you think that these guns look alot like this.

hammerdrill.jpg
</div></div>

I can see the resemblance.

IMGP5539.jpg

OP, I would definitely recommend going with the SBR. It is where this firearm shines. I love mine.

IMGP5540.jpg

damn, I thought my PS90 was ugly, I hope it shoots better than it looks.
cheers.

10-4, thanks for the heads up. I left a message with KRISS, but never heard back. Not sure which way I'm gonna go now.

Cheers