• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krylon, Its Majic

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    Just tried painting a rifle and stock that had krylon on it to a std flat black acction and a flat light green stock.
    This was amazing. it worked great and the action looks like its been bead blasted and blued?
    Thaks for the notes on this
    Bill

Reactions: Kamerad
    Re: Krylon, Its Majic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">youre gonna wanna sit that in a warm dry place for a few days. </div></div>

I second that, If your patient with krylon and don't go man handling it right away the results are very surprising! In a good way of course.

Pics dammit...
    frown.gif

bought some almond and "forest" brown at wally world last night hopin to put top good use. tryin to replicate dead grass with dead leaves on it to match autumn ao. painting is fun, im becoming addicted. might have to camo my boys nerf guns now too!

This is hilarious. Im like there is something new i havent read.... 11 year old krylon... lol

Reactions: tnc
    Dries in the normal time, but I find with all spray paint that leaving it hanging for a week or 10 days will allow full cure, and then it will then stand up to anything. I have plain old spray paint on shell deflectors that is still there thousands of rounds later.

If you want some tough shit, get the rustoleum appliance paint. I paint dirtbike frames with it cause it holds up to abuse so well.

How's it dry? My first firearms painting long long ago was appliance epoxy and it was nice and hard but shiny (needed overcoat of other paint to matte up) and took FOREVER to dry. Like, a month to cure.