• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Krylon Removal

beltfed74

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
I just picked up an HS stock for cheap, reason being, hideous homeade camo job. Never having to remove Krylon from and HS stock I was wondering what you guys recommend, I wanted to avoid sanding if possible.

Thanks Guys

Re: Krylon Removal

Agree with Citristrip from Home Depot or Lowes ........ if you're in a real hurry spray Carb Cleaner or spray Brake Cleaner works fast.

Best used with micro fiber cloths/towels from the Costco/Sams.

I used white spirit from a DIY store on my AI skins....leave it on for a couple of minutes and the Krylon bubbles up. Wipe it off with a cloth

don't use paint stripper. it'll eat the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't use paint stripper. it'll eat the stock. </div></div>
So what to use that wont eat the stock?

Try a product called "TAL" You can find it auto parts stores. It's an aircraft stripper and I have always had good luck with it but like they said: Test it somewhere first. It's alot cheaper to replace a cheek-rest than the whole set of skins.

I removed Krylon from a painted AR-15 with brake cleaner. I don't know how it would effect your stock