• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kudos to Burris

Newbie2020

Mmmyeah...whatever
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2020
Nebraska
I bought a Burris XTR II 4-20 H59 and it works great and I’m happy with it. It tracks great and returns back to zero perfect. So I found a used one identical to it here on the Hide. It had a couple nicks in the elevation turret but I didn’t think anything about it.

I ran a tall target test last weekend and the scope tracked really well all the way up to 10 mils. But it lost about a tenth of a mil per mil on the way back down. I contacted Burris and the said send it. The person on the email reinforced their lifetime warranty and never asked a single question about conditions or damage.

They said 3-6 weeks so I’ll update y’all on the outcome. I was just very pleased to have a zero hassle process.

Maybe all the optic manufacturers have a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty, but I don’t know. I’m just glad Burris does.

I have had good experience with Burris, a scope my dad bought decades ago and I inherited went south. Sent it to them and it was fixed in 6 weeks no questions asked.

In 6 years, this is the first tracking issue I've ever heard of in an XTRII.

I used to do Google searches to see if anyone had posted anything to any forums that would pop up. But I gave up on it a few years ago, I just never found anything. The tracking reliability of the XTRII is incredible, to say the least.

Nice to see positive feedback on the Hide. I hope they get you all squared away..

Last edited:
I’m fairly certain it’s not the Burris’s fault. There’s two nice dings on the elevation turret. Pretty sure it was dropped on its head with the rifle attached to it.

Reactions: Birddog6424
YES!!! That was EPIC!!! 5 pages with multiple entries from lowlight! I made popcorn and invited my friends over to watch!

Reactions: Jscb1b