• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kudos to Kestrel

HighRez

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 19, 2011
North Georgia
I want to let you guys know about a great recent experience with Nielsen-Kellerman, makers/marketers of Kestrel. I recently bought a used 4500 from a guy not knowing that the white RH cap had broken off. I shipped it off to Kestrel with a letter telling them that I was NOT the original owner, had purchased the unit used and inquired as to whether it could be repaired. I received a call today from them telling me the unit had been repaired and recalibrated. When I asked the cost, the guy said "no charge," and they are even paying the return shipping to me.

Great people with a great product. Thanks Kestrel!

I also received good service from N-K on a used 4000 I bought on ebay.

Unfortunately mine was past the warranty period, so I did have to pay for the service. The screen was failing and it failed the leak test. They gave me the option to buy a new one (cheaper than retail). I was surprised to find the old unit in the same package with the new one, so they didn't take it back on trade-in like I thought.

Decent company to deal with for sure.

I was the seller of said Kestrel. Sorry I didn't even notice that the cap had popped out. Glad to see Kestrel took care of it!