• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kuiu fleece choices?

Kspence49

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2022
Wyoming
Looking to replace my Sitka heavyweight zip tee with a different mid layer. I only have experience with Sitka but it looks like kuiu has more to offer in the fleece department. Can someone explain the differences between the kuiu strongfleece and peloton lines? The way I’ve used the heavyweight zip tee in the past is with a merino base layer followed by the zip tee, and then a jetstream jacket with a kelvin aerolite vest if needed. I’m a western hunter who can see temps from high 20s in the morning up to the 60s-70s in the afternoon. When it gets below that for my late season stuff I’ll break out the blizzard set so this is my main use case. Which line would later under the jetstream best (with its thinner arms) and also be able to be used as an outer layer in the afternoons? Was looking at a peloton 97 and 200 or 235 combo, but not sure what the difference is with the strongfleece

I just run 2 merino layers. A 150 gram base, and a 300 gram hoodie, with a light or heavy jacket depending.

I bought into skre, as it's less than half the cost of Sitka or kuiu. I also don't ever use fleece as it just makes me sweaty.

Reactions: powdahound76
KUIU Peloton 240 is the only fleece they offer that's worth considering for a mid layer. It also blocks wind pretty well and can double as an outer layer when conditions dictate.

Wool.
Wont get stinky when you sweat in it like polypro.

Many good options.

Im pretty fond of Voormi even if it isnt cheap (Im a cheap SOB)
Access NXT 1/4 zip is a great hunting mid layer.
Pair with whatever baselayer the day calls for and jackets as needed.

Not associated with them.
Just a very happy customer. US made goods.
Go out for days with 1 base layer and 1 mid layer.
Very active daily.
Sniff them. No BO aroma.
Top marks for me for all my activities.

Reactions: pmclaine
The 97 is extremely soft next to skin. I use it for day hunts where i dont need the odor control from wool.

I layer that with the Peloton 200 or 240 under the Guide Jacket. The 240 seems to be more "fitted" through the arms.

I have the Strongfleece 275 also, but run that as an everyday jacket/outer layer. It's stupid comfortable and the added level of water/wind resistance is good enough to get through a normal day in town.

The only camo pattern I have is the Guide Jacket, everything else is a solid and gets worn all winter. Easier to justify the expense.