• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kwik Klip conversion?

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
I have a co-worker that's asking me about these things, and considering the price tag (and that it's sold in almost every "outfitting" store) my initial reaction is that it's probably junk.

He's not a particularly serious shooter, but he's getting more into it and was drooling over some of the stuff on here.

He wants to attach it to a LA Remington but "can't see the point of buying a $500 attachment for a $700 rifle" when I suggested Badger instead.

I personally don't own a DBM long action, so I thought I'd default to someone on here who might have tried or still owns it.

Re: Kwik Klip conversion?

From what I've heard, they seem to work just fine.

i got 'em on all my LA rifles....had 'em for years.....best kept secret...the work and work well from 30.06 to .300wm.....
and have used 'em in comps, hunting, and load development.

I'm using one in my .280AI right now but am planning on upgrading to an A5 w/a badger M5 BM . Have not had any problems with it just changing things up.

What is the internal length on the magazines? I've been considering getting one for my 257 STW.

I have one on my '06. Fit and finish is pretty good. I got mine on clearance for 1/2 price, which makes it even better. I haven't seen a HS Precision one yet in person, but from the pics they look similar.

Here's a pic of it on my gun:

3678274501_b4d008a9c7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad from ND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the internal length on the magazines? I've been considering getting one for my 257 STW. </div></div>

Looks pretty good on that rifle, my coworker ordered one based on your feedback, as soon as I see it I am leaning towards ordering one myself.

Brad, I have a Kwik Klip system on my 30.06 HS Precision HTR for around 6-months. Was not sure the one for the LA Rem 700 would work but took a chance and ordered one anyway, figuring, I could always send it back to the vender if it did fit. But the gun gods were good to me and it was a perfect fit. I did not have to do any mods to the stock or reciever-- it dropped right in. So far it's working well with the only issue to date is I had to shorten the OAL on my 190 SMK load as the max internal length of the 10 round mag is only 3.312 inches. However, I am keeping the original HS Precision bottom metal and 4-round mag in reserve just in case.

CDAT, thanks for checking on the internal length. It definitely won't work for the 3.60 length I need for my STW.

CDAT- the 10 rounders are only 3.31? Crap, I was hoping for the 3.5 or so that is in the factory internal mag, or at least close to it.

My 208 Amax load in the 30-06 runs 3.405"

I have one on my 7mm Rem magnum and it works just fine. I did the conversion many years ago and have used the rifle for deer hunting. I just did a HS Precision DBM conversion on a 300 Win mag and it looks very similiar to the Kwik Klip but cost quite a bit more.

bohem, the internal mag length of the original 4-round HS Precision bottom metal and mag is 3.655 inches. I lost a little OAL when I changed over to the Kwik Klip but, I wanted a 10-round mag capability and HS Precision does not currently offer that feature for LA receivers. There was a thread on this forum recently that discussed a 10-round system that would handle 338 length rounds, but I can't remember the name of the company. Maybe someone else will chime in with that info.

CDAT- The 4 rounder sounds decent then. I wanted a 10 round for the 06, but I also have a LA 6mm AI that's currently sitting en route to the machine shop. That will certainly fit in a 10 round mag, even with 115's in it.

Not a total loss, at least something's capable of running the 208 loads.

Any idea why they cut so much length off the 10 round mag? Is there a doubler in it or something?