• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up KY Class Offering - Long Range Shooting Intro

C

captrichardson

LRS-Flyer.jpg

Just wanted to spread the word that Open Range Sports will be offering an "introductory" precision long range shooting class at their facility in Crestwood KY on Sunday June 26.

The class is for anyone who is looking at increasing their long range shooting skills, the information is applicable to LE / Military, Hunters, or Competative Shooters.

You have the option to attend the classroom session and range session, or you may just attend the classroom session.

You will need to register for the class in advance, and registration numbers will be limited.

Open Range Sports will also be offering one-on-one classroom and range sessions for precision long range shooting which can be tailored to meet the needs of the student / shooter.

In the near future, they are also working toward offering an "intermediate to advanced" precision long range shooting class.

If you have any questions about the class please contact Open Range Sports.
Call 502-243-8282 OR Email [email protected]

Best of Luck,
M. Richardson

Re: KY Class Offering - Long Range Shooting Intro

Credentials?

There are a number of personnel working together to provide this class, credentials are pretty broad based on each individuals background.

Generally speaking, the instructors have 15 years plus experience shooting and instructing on various topics. Certifications held range from NRA, DOJ, to DHS.

The Lead Instructor is prior service Military / LE, and is currently a competative shooter in multiple long range disciplines.

I am sure if you need details, Open Range Sports can provide you with more information.

Thanks,
M Richardson

Not as good as yours Skip! You still working at Shooters and teaching your class at KCR?

So everyone is clear this is an "intro to long range shooting class", not a "how to become a high master / expert sniper / legendary African hunter class".

The intent is to show shooters:
- What is out there in terms of long range shooting, be it competitive shooting, hunting, or LE/Military applications.
- The various types of equipment that you are looking at, rifle, ammo, support accessories, etc. What is necessary, what is optional, what are the pros & cons, etc.
- What goes into making a long range shot, fundamentals of marksmanship, shooting positions, long range calculations, etc.

The purpose is to help someone decide if they would be better off shooting something such as High Power, Long Range, or Benchrest. It is not about getting someone from shooting a 370-5x to shooting a 397-15x.

If you are new to shooting, been shooting for a while but are thinking about getting into long range, not exactly sure what all long range shooting entails, then this would be for you.

If you are a seasoned/experienced shooter, or a ranked competitive shooter, then this would probably not be in your best interest.

If knowing the Instructors credentials is going to make or break your decision to take the class, then please contact Open Range Sports, and I am sure they can provide you with whatever you need.

I am not going to post anyone's detailed resume here, because I don't care to see this turn into a mudslinging debate about who has the best set of credentials or skills.

I will say the instructors involved with this class have:
- Competitively shot Benchrest, High Power, Long Range, and Tactical Matches in KY, IN, OH, and TN, and won a few matches doing it.
- Hunted everything from a prairie dog to large dangerous game.
- Served on average 15+ years in the Military and Public Safety career fields.
- Taught / instructed on average 10+ years on a large number of subjects.
Open Range Sports is pretty well known for being on the “Top End” of whatever they do, so I don’t see them offering a program like this if it was not legit and worth the student’s time and money.

The purpose of this class is to ultimately get more shooters involved in precision long range shooting, be it whatever discipline they prefer the most. The goal is to give them a broad basic explanation of what they can expect and help them answer whatever questions they may have. If experienced shooters are looking to significantly improve a existing skill set for a specific discipline, then I am sure that Open Range / Class Instructors would direct them to some appropriate alternatives.

Thanks, Best of Luck!
M Richardson

I've never heard of a Legendary African Hunter Class, but, I think the LR class you've got there sounds like a winner.