• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up KY Range Day! RockCastle Shooting Center

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Fellow Shooters,

We are pleased to announce the next shoot at RockCastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY. The date will be June 25th, this is on a Saturday. We have changed the format of the shoot some, there will no longer be full weekend passes, as no one has shown up for a full weekend except for my staff members. This will be a full day shoot on the long range course. You will have a lunch break at the lodge as we repair/repaint the targets.

If you would like to stay at the lodge your arrangements can be made thru RCSC staff at the number below. Tell them you are making a room reservation for the night before the shoot, if you have a long drive this course of action is advised. It makes it much easier waking up early the next morning to get your breakfast and be out there ready to roll. We are into the summer rate for RCSC, it is $79.00 (+ tax) a night. This is a new room rate..... it was normally $99.00 a night. They recently changed it!

Range fee: $25.00 for the full day
Food: Is menu price. You can always bring your own lunch and stay on the range with us to eat.

Here is the address of the Shooting Center:

Rockcastle Shooting Center at Park Mammoth Resort
22850 Louisville Road
Park City, KY 42160

Phone: (270) 749-4101

http://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/

The Range:
Is about 2 miles from the lodge. Is an open field surrounded by hills and forest.
We will have steel reactive targets set up from 400-1100 yards. There is also a 1600 yard shot that we can put you in the correct firing position for if you ask one of us. Please note* This is our personal collection of targets, we do not make any money on this event. We are simply doing it to further the sport we love and we take the risk of target damage. Be a responsible shooter, ask for help when you need it and we will be there. We would like to avoid any avoidable damage that we could to our targets.

Upon arrival to the lodge you will check in at the front desk. The RCSC staff member will ask you to fill out a waiver and then for your range fee. Once those two things are done you will be highlighted on the list and given a wrist band. You must wear that wrist band for the entire time you are shooting. If you take it off we will not allow you to shoot until we verify that you have signed a waiver and paid your fee. There are NO exceptions to this rule. You must go to the lodge first and check in and then report to the range. A convoy will leave the lodge at 7:45am - a safety briefing will begin at exactly 8am and when it is over we will go live. I plan to shoot till lunch and resume at 1pm. We will then shoot till we lose light or we deem it time to go cold. That is up to the RSO's for safety's sake.

This will be a 30 person roster: You must be signed up with me to join in.
We have limited room and this is all we can fit on the firing line. Please post in the thread that you would like to come and then PM me your FULL NAME and any guests (along with their info) that are coming with you. We ask that our attendees be 16+. This is a safety precaution. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

1. Chase Walls - Chaser_2332
2. Mike Davis - Sniper2
3. Andrew Silcox - The Conservator
4. Jason Greene - Greene
5. John Klein - m14er
6. Don Million - Runamuk
7. Bill Million - n/a
8. Dane Grant - n/a
9. Derrick Grant - n/a
10. James Lane - ky 606
11. Keelen Patrick - Canis Majoris
12. Melvin Ward
13. James Rowe - Rodent
14. Aaron Marshall - firemarshall27
15. Josh Lapin - pinkgunsrsilly
16. Steve Lapin - 762frmafr
17. Jason Janes - JSFG
18. Mark Frazier - n/a
19. J. Preston - fw707
20. Rick Salisbury - Handloader
21. Bob Rushford - n/a
22. Kim Lahmann - n/a
23. Shannon Duncan - Dunkintn
24. Kelly Bacon - n/a
25. Charlie Jones - elevator
26. Andrew Gilewicz - techtoy_al
27. Steven Beck

RSO's:
1) Adam Lawson - KYS338
2) Ron Koenig -Ace-
3) Trina Koenig - MrsAce

If anyone has questions please ask them in the thread. Myself, Tres, and Ace will try and answer them as quickly as possible. When you PM me your name and confirmation please do not take offense to me deleting the PM, I will get quite a few a day and I wont want someone to miss out because my PM box was full.

<span style="color: #FF0000">People who are shooting with us - please remember it looks to be a HOT day out there. I would advise you bring plenty of water and a pop tent, you do not want to get heat stroke or sunburnt. Same thing we did for the last shoot when it rained on us. The great things about the timing of these shoots is that we have seen almost every weather condition out there. </span>

Re: KY Range Day! RockCastle Shooting Center

Put me on the list also please. PM in coming.

4 signed up in one day, we are doing good! Keep them coming!

Room rate has been lowered!
laugh.gif

Lots of new steel for this one... going to have some larger targets incase the wind is Ruff like last time. I seen a few folks with .308's get frustrated till they figured it out, and the target stands full of holes say it all
smile.gif
I am Always open to suggestions about targets and such... feel free to PM any time.

I take off work and drag my steel up there for a few reasons...

I enjoy seeing people shoot at further distances than they ever have... and make Hits !

I enjoy seeing people new to the sport show up, ask... "Where are the targets ?" then get a worried look on their face when I have them look through the bino's. Soon after they are making hits all the way out.

I get the hell away from WORK !

For anyone that has not attended.. We generally have MOA targets at every 100 yards from 400 - 1100, and Larger targets at Most (should be All this time). This allows people of every experience level to get hits, and lets face it... MOA Targets to 1000 is what your goal should be !

Elevation is about 700 ASL, I expect the DA will be 2000 in the morning, 3500 in the afternoon if we have good weather.

Myself, Trina and Tres (French I think ? Pronounced "Trace") will all be on hand to Spot for, and help you get dialed in if needed. It's a very relaxed event, everyone helping each other. We take Safety Very serious tho.. So far we have had almost Zero issues and want to keep it that way.

More people have joined us! Keep em coming! I am hoping for nice sunny, hot weather!

Glad to see people signing up for this so quickly. 12 people within 2 days!
This is a great time guys and gals! There are usually over 30 targets out there from the easy shots to the hard shots. I am even going to bring out some of Big Dog Steel's reactive head targets. Same ones that TVP uses in their head hunter course.

We will have a blast. Sign up and Join us! Best $25.00 you will spend
laugh.gif

I just saw this thread,looked at the calender,and damn.Thats the weekend we go to Gattlinburg.Gattlinburg sucks.Have fun.I had a blast in April.Maybe next time.Alan

Waiting for the next schedule to come out at work. Rockcastle is a good time.

Keep the sign ups coming guys! The slots are going fast!

PM sent. I'm in and will work out with Rodent room arrangements.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent. I'm in and will work out with Rodent room arrangements.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Remember: You and him will need to be the ones to call Rockcastle and make arrangements with them for a room.

Damn, just looked at the drive and didn't realize this was basically next to the national park. May drag the family and send them to the cave for the day since I will already be there. Don't plan on wasting $$ on "Kentucky Action Fun Park" or "Gunsmoke Mountain" again.
smile.gif

Hoping I'll have a gun together by the next time you guys do this. Looks like a blast!

Josh

Were going to do a Ranging / Milling session again, with a little more time before we go hot. I will bring a Printer so we can have the Actual Ranges papers without having to copy from the master sheet.

Thanks Ace, I could use the extra practice on this.

Sign me up.

Trying to work a deal out with the wife so I can order some Southwest Ammo 175SMK's, if I cant order the 200rnd box, doubt I will be in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in.... </div></div>

I'm bunking with Rick!
laugh.gif

A few more have signed up. Keep em coming!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CharlieJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Add elevator to the list </div></div>

What?

Charlie J / elevator.....he got his user name mixed up.
He is heading up to the shoot with me.
Full name.....charlie jones
Please, add him to the list.

Thanks'
MIKE

KYS338, sent you a pm. Could you please remove #25 Kelly Bacon from the list. He will not be able to attend. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks

There are two open spots left! Get em while their hot!

Just got my room for the weekend of the shoot @ $99./ a nite.
They said... No rooms were $79./ a nite.
Any way, only 7 rooms are left for that weekend!
..... Just thought, I would pass that info on.

Thanks'
SNIPER 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RODENT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need that last slot for a friend. PM on the way. </div></div>

It's all his.

The roster is now full. We cannot take anyone else unless someone were to back out. Thank you for your interest and signing up for this range day!

Getting Close folks. I intend to do a Milling / Ranging session again, this time with a little more Pressure
smile.gif
I'm working on a prize for the person /team with the best Score. If it works out I would also like to do a fun Mini Competition after lunch
smile.gif

For the people that have not shot with us before...

Park Mammoth Lodge is located at:
22850 Louisville RD
Park City, KY 42160

From I-65, take exit 48
Head South/East on 255 Mammoth Cave Parkway
When it intersects take 2nd St / Louisville Rd / 31W West
Follow that back under I-65, and you will see Bald Knob Road on the right, take it up to the Lodge.

If you are heading directly to the range,
Same directions, except continue on Louisville Rd / 31W West
You will see Chaumount Rd on the right about 3 miles from I-65
Turn right and follow it for just over 1 mile, you should see signs for the range/shoot at a drive off to the right.

If anyone needs more info or has any questions please post here or contact one of us.

Presentation1.jpg

Because RCSC is a Business, making $ from these shoots is their priority. The more people that stay in the Hotel, eat at the hotel, and shoot... the more $ they make and the more they will allow us to do (The folks Running it)It will also insure we get to keep doing it !

Right now all the Steel, Stands etc. are 100% owned by Myself and Kys338, all the damage to them comes out of our pockets... We do it because we love to Shoot, and like getting more people involved. <span style="font-weight: bold">There is No Financial Incentive for us.</span>

A few Facts about these shoots.

Were shooting in Natural Terrain, Not a flat "Square" Range.
Due to the terrain that makes it such a great place to shoot, some targets can't be shot from all positions, Part of learning is figuring out what targets you can hit. Just because you can see it does Not mean the BULLET has a clear path to it. Many people learned this on the 800 yard targets at the last shoot
smile.gif
** If you make adjustments and the Impact does not change... Your hitting something down range**

Any Ideas to make the shoots even better are welcome, post here or send a PM to myself or Kys338. If it's feasible we will try to incorporate it. There will be even more steel at this one, More ranges and more Distance
smile.gif
(20+ targets at last one) Well over 30 this time
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">List of stuff that I would recommend you try to bring.</span>
Rifle with good Optics
Ammo: 100 + rounds seems to be the norm for 1.5 days of shooting.
Spotting Scope / Bino's
Log Book or something to save all the Data you will gather.
Mildot Master or other fast method of ranging targets.
Tarp: Good chance the ground will be wet.
Canopy: The Easy Up Canopies will be a help as the days get hotter.
Folding Chairs.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Cooler with plenty of Water</span>
Snacks.
TP, the Facilities are Natural... Use leaves at your own risk
smile.gif

Clothing appropriate for the weather.
Insect Repellent.
Various kinds of Jerky for Gifts to the RO's
grin.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sun Screen</span>
**I will add as I get time**

<span style="font-style: italic">If you don't have some of these items.. Don't Stress on it, there are plenty of good people there and you will be Fine ! </span>

mammothpic.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deleted message, I needed to read more before I posted.....</div></div>

No need to reply lol, see you sat
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deleted message, I needed to read more before I posted..... </div></div>

I was going to point that out to you, but I figured you might think I was a smart ass and punch me in the mouth Saturday!
laugh.gif

We have 4 spots open for the taking. People have had to back out due to work and family obligations, which is understandable.

I would like to see a full firing line! Sign up because thursday by 6pm is going to be the cut off for sign ups as I have to turn the list in to RCSC staff.

Thanks!