• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kydex cheek piece adhesive suggestions?

WyoHunter

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2020
I need suggestions on which adhesive strip / type to attach my kydex cheek piece to my stock. Something that holds in tough conditions (very cold), but will not rip the paint off if I need to remove it (i.e. semi-easily removable with a release agent).

I recently rebarreled my action with a heavier contour, and swapped to a scope with a larger objective. So I bought a kydex cheek piece to coincide with the higher mounts. It is an MPI stock, and I do not want to drill it. (Especially in the event I swap back to a smaller objective down the road). I've heard of guys using adhesives strips/ tapes. All I have on hand are some of the "semi-permanent" variety.

I’m not sure how to attach Kydex effectively without mechanical fasteners. I have previously used vet wrap and a yoga mat/foam sleeping pad, and that worked well until I got a kydex one. A couple companies make stock packs with cheek risers too

Contact JDucos and have him install KMW loggerhead hardware and turn your set up to a proper adjustable comb/cheek piece. You will not be disappointed.

Would probably use some good 3m velcro tape and rivet the side on the kydex. That way it's also semi adjustable and removable.

Reactions: WyoHunter
This is a lightweight mountain rifle. Kydex only, since weight is always a factor. I redid the lemon McGowan carbon barrel that Fierce originally installed, with a Proof carbon Sendero. (The barrel those crooked bastards wouldn't even look at). I thought looked Sendero'ish, but it turns out I should have measured (and gone Sendero Lite). Different contour and switching a Swaro 44mm obj up to 52mm put me in high mounts. I've heard of guys using 3M strips, but there are a lot of types. The autobody ones I have would definitely take the stock paint with it!

The 3M adhesive tape that is like a layer of adhesive without a back would hold the kydex but getting it off is tough.

Paint is cheap.