• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kydex Holsters & Mag Pouches

sroc112

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2024
USA
For those of you who carry, I'm looking for a new brand of kydex holsters and mag pouches. I've always used a small individually owned custom shop for gun holsters called Ozark Custom Holsters, but they are no longer around. My holsters from them are now around 6 years old. I also have single pistol mag pouches from Tenicor. Both are great.

I'm currently looking for OWB kydex holster for a glock 19 and another for glock 27 but this needs to be a high rise holster, where gun is positioned as high as possible with as little as possible kydex below the belt line. Also looking for a tightly fitting double mag pouch for OWB and a single mag pouch IWB.

Nowadays when you search on Google there are so many big names and mainstream brands, but I don't know what is quality and what is junk. So thought I'd ask around here if anyone has personal experience with any that they would recommend.

Also entertaining a double OWB kydex 5.56 holster as well. Slim, close to body, high rise.

Thanks

I got sick of junk kydex and strictly run safariland. For 556 you could consider HSGI. They make what they call a taco. Works pretty good. It’s kydex with elastic bands that allow for expansion. Supposedly fit an ar10 mag as well, but I haven’t tried that.

I have had great luck with comptac, tier 1, safariland and vedders. I would rank them in that order as well with the tier 1 and comp tax being basically a tie

Kydex holsters - - - CompTac, RedRiverTactical, Safariland, GunFighters Inc, Neptune Concealment, Ares Tactical, Phalanx Concealment

5.56 mag carriers - - - HighSpeedGear, EssTac, RedRiverTactical, GunFighters

For those of you who carry, I'm looking for a new brand of kydex holsters and mag pouches. I've always used a small individually owned custom shop for gun holsters called Ozark Custom Holsters, but they are no longer around. My holsters from them are now around 6 years old. I also have single pistol mag pouches from Tenicor. Both are great.

I'm currently looking for OWB kydex holster for a glock 19 and another for glock 27 but this needs to be a high rise holster, where gun is positioned as high as possible with as little as possible kydex below the belt line. Also looking for a tightly fitting double mag pouch for OWB and a single mag pouch IWB.

Nowadays when you search on Google there are so many big names and mainstream brands, but I don't know what is quality and what is junk. So thought I'd ask around here if anyone has personal experience with any that they would recommend.

Also entertaining a double OWB kydex 5.56 holster as well. Slim, close to body, high rise.

Thanks
JM Custom Kydex

Reactions: maceface and NHR
Second vote for JM Custom, I have OWB and IWB for M&P, and IWB for both my and wife's P365's as well as mag pouches for both. 1911's and revolvers get leather but anything kydex Tony is my go-to.