• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kydex SR25 A2 stock cheekpiece- ~$8

blcouch

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Mississippi
Been thinking about a whiz bang PRS stock or a SOPMOD for my ER for a while but been too cheap(post Christmas budget cuts), so I dug out a piece of kydex I had gotten to make sheaths with and went to work. The Razor in the Bobro makes it a chin weld that had been…inconsistent.

Google showed 0 pics of A2 stocks with what I had in mind so I improvised.

I used the wall mounted gas heater as my heat gun. Put on welding gloves and held it above until I could bend it like i needed to.
bytapu7a.jpg

Bent it around the stock until it formed the shape and held it.

Marked lines on stock for extended charging handle and where my cheek would fall.
5u7ybe6y.jpg

Marked a line below the bottom of the buffer tube.
amuhere7.jpg

Cut rough shape with tin snips.
yzaru4yd.jpg

Marked where charging handled relief needs to be.
y2erareq.jpg

Clamped it to the stock and pressed cheek down until my eye lined up perfectly. I had thought about making it height adjustable but decided it was unnecessary for my purposes. Drilled through stock.
u8edunuj.jpg

Put bolts through, tightened nuts and cut off excess.
aje4eza6.jpg

Charging handle fully to rear. When bolt is locked back the handle is at the front edge.
hesy7uqu.jpg

In place and painted.
muga7ama.jpg

At the beginning I was a little hesitant about hacking things up but A2 stocks are pretty plentiful and relatively cheap so the hesitancy took a backseat to what I needed quick like. Had the bolts and kydex. Maybe $8 in materials including the spray paint I already had from the rifle paint job. Not the best looking and may need to be modified after I get it out when the snow and ice clear out. Next stop, moa slant base…maybe. Not diy of course.

Opposite side. All sharp edges have been taken down. Bolts do not contact me at all when handling rifle. They are more unobtrusive than they look. May cover them in silicone or something.

3uba5yqa.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration, I did this with an A2 for my dmr build I'm doing. I'm always short on cash so everything helps. I added slots to make it adjustable and knob from lowes to make it easy to manipulate.

Reactions: blcouch