• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KZ Barrel Spline Rod for upper work

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
I am sure this will be preaching to the choir for some but for those looking at this tool I will say get it. I have never really worked much on ARs but started this past year as a side project/hobby and was all set with lower tools but needed an upper tool to do rail and barrel swaps. Searched around and found this tool and for $49 figured I would roll the dice. Being stuck at home seems like a good time to mess with this so got it in today and already did a barrel swap on one AR and a rail change on another. All I can say is this tool rocks! Makes working on an upper super easy. Can easily rotate the upper to work on different parts like I flipped it over in 2 seconds to install the gas block. Also no need to take the red dot off the upper. I almost got the clamshell whole upper clamp style but glad I didn't. I will be getting the rod in the AR10 version soon. Check it out if you are in the market for a similar tool.

Reactions: black5.3 and Tono
Yup it's basically the same tool but at half the price. Being a cheap bastard I went to the lower price and it worked out.