• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

L.A. Times: Making Employees Show Up in Person Exposes Them to Racism

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

2:08

The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that making employees shift from work-from-home to showing up in person risks exposing black employees and workers “of color” to the racism that some say that they experience in person at the workplace.
In an article titled “Remote work gave them a reprieve from racism. They don’t want to go back,” the Times reported:
[M]any Black workers and other people of color … found that remote work lessened the racism they faced on the job.
But it forces workers to make a difficult choice — prioritize your mental health or endure for the sake of your career. Remote job opportunities are shrinking as more companies require that workers come back to the office. And even in hybrid workplaces, remote employees can be at a disadvantage for career advancement since managers sometimes forget about them or assume they are less productive than their in-person peers, a concept called proximity bias.

Throughout the pandemic, survey after survey showed what some workers of color have known for years: Workplace politics and discrimination can make the office an undesirable place to be.
Ironically, in the early weeks of the coronavirus pandemic, reports emerged saying that work-from-home was racist because black and Hispanic employees were less likely than Asian and white employees to have jobs that allowed them to work remotely.
The tech industry, which leans heavily to the left, is one of the industries known to make the greatest use of work from home.

HILARIOUS!!

I wish I was making this up, but "expecting people to work hard" and "promoting people based on merit" has been deemed racist.

I can't even....

Reactions: RUTGERS95
This article must be the dog whistle response to the recent push by the WH CoS and OPM director pushing for a .gov return to office. Watch FJB cave like a bitch and let lazy gov workers keep being lazy.

At least the less they do, the less they damage…

This article must be the dog whistle response to the recent push by the WH CoS and OPM director pushing for a .gov return to office. Watch FJB cave like a bitch and let lazy gov workers keep being lazy.

At least the less they do, the less they damage…

"At least the less they do, the less they damage..."

I take it you have not had to get any "assistance" from the IRS in the last year or so?

The agent our attorney and I spoke with was working from home. She put us on hold numerous while she "checked some things".

Each time she came back on to talk with us she had discovered what we said had been accomplished actually had been accomplished and they needed to lift the suspension.

The suspension was finally lifted . . . 10 months later.

In another instance I received a letter from the IRS asking what they were supposed to do with the rather large check I had sent in with my tax return. I was told the check would be deposited in the "general fund" if I did not reply. I told them the check was to be used for my tax payment and sent them another copy of my return with the receipt from the Post Office showing when I had mailed it. Of course the check was with the paperwork. No further communication from the IRS.

I am sure the additional agents being hired will improve the "service".

Reactions: Redmanss