• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"L" cans on 22"+barrels

YotaEer

Montani Semper Liberi
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
I'm looking at adding the Dilligent Enticer Ti to my collection, but hung up on whether to go with the S or L version.

This would be for my bolt guns only, with either 22" or 24" proof CF barrels. 24" rifle is a 6.5 PRC dedicated big game hunting gun, 22" is my regularly used 6.5 creed for steel and varmints (50/50). Weight is not a concern (only 1 oz diff), my hang-up is the length. I understand I'm trading suppression for length. For reference, I already have a Rex MG7k can and an Omega 300. Plan to put the rex on my AR's and use the omega for truck/farm gun, as I like it the least.

Anyone have experience with "L" cans on your longer rifles? Pain in the ass?

My first can was a Liberty Suppressors freedom cam that was 10" long. Suppressed awesomely but hunting with it was a pain in the butt. I've been super happy with a TBAC Ultra 7". But I'm only using it on 308 and 6.5

Reactions: YotaEer
My main hunting cans are a tbac dominus and CGS Helios QD Ti, both offer great suppression for their size. I just got a tbac magnus that I might throw on my hunting rifle this season tho, it’d go on a 22” barrel.

I think it mainly comes down to where you’re hunting, tight blinds that are a hassle to get a long gun out of? Hiking though woods where it’s alwsys catching on shit?

My main hunting cans are a tbac dominus and CGS Helios QD Ti, both offer great suppression for their size. I just got a tbac magnus that I might throw on my hunting rifle this season tho, it’d go on a 22” barrel.

I think it mainly comes down to where you’re hunting, tight blinds that are a hassle to get a long gun out of? Hiking though woods where it’s alwsys catching on shit?

thats just it, i do not do any blind or tree stand rifle hunting, even though I'm in PA. I hunt up north in the mountains where its more open woods and fields.

my day will be some hiking through woods on a deer drive, where I won't shoot anything lol. Almost all my deer have been shot at dusk when they come into a clearing or field to feed. Since i've gone down the hide rabbit hole, I've shot everything from a tripod over the last 3 years. Varmint hunting is obviously wide open fields from a tripod.

probably just talked myself into the longer can, since it won't get in the way much,

If you can live with the extra length you will appreciate the extra suppression. Those L-Ti's are a fantastic suppressor. One thing to consider though is how you transport the rifle, for example will it fit into your case with the L-Ti on. If you happen to use a case for transport of course.

If you can live with the extra length you will appreciate the extra suppression. Those L-Ti's are a fantastic suppressor. One thing to consider though is how you transport the rifle, for example will it fit into your case with the L-Ti on. If you happen to use a case for transport of course.

my zipper bag case probably won't zip with the can on the 24", it'll barely close with the 22". But that's for just casual driving it around in the back seat.

I have the V800 pelican case for longer road trips and hopefully someday air travel hunts. I measured last night it'll clear in that case fine.

I'm looking at adding the Dilligent Enticer Ti to my collection, but hung up on whether to go with the S or L version.

This would be for my bolt guns only, with either 22" or 24" proof CF barrels. 24" rifle is a 6.5 PRC dedicated big game hunting gun, 22" is my regularly used 6.5 creed for steel and varmints (50/50). Weight is not a concern (only 1 oz diff), my hang-up is the length. I understand I'm trading suppression for length. For reference, I already have a Rex MG7k can and an Omega 300. Plan to put the rex on my AR's and use the omega for truck/farm gun, as I like it the least.

Anyone have experience with "L" cans on your longer rifles? Pain in the ass?
Yeah, most of my rifles are 22+”… And most of those are 26” barrels. I’ve run all my L cans on them. Works excellent for range/stationary shooting.

I have a Nomad-LT, Hydrogen-L, and a Magnus-HUB. All sound amazing and because they’re farther from you, they push the sound farther from your ears, helping with cutting down on heard DB’s.

If you’re walking/packing it in the woods to go hunting, you can always keep your thread protector on and your can in your pack, until you get to the stand, then screw it on. 👍🏼

Last edited:
my zipper bag case probably won't zip with the can on the 24", it'll barely close with the 22". But that's for just casual driving it around in the back seat.

I have the V800 pelican case for longer road trips and hopefully someday air travel hunts. I measured last night it'll clear in that case fine.

If you are using a proper mounting system, it should be no issue to remove your suppressor after use for storage or travel.

All my suppressors are removed after shooting. I don't have POI shifts when re-attaching.

If you are using a proper mounting system, it should be no issue to remove your suppressor after use for storage or travel.

All my suppressors are removed after shooting. I don't have POI shifts when re-attaching.

I use the area 419 hellfire system. It has been great in this regard. IT's more OCD of wanting to keep cans in place after checking zero, but before a hunt.

Switched to Area 419 after initially using the SiCo ASR system, which wasn't nearly as repeatable once carbon built up.

The area 419 system works great especially since I had a few of the Hellfire's brakes already. Also tried the Energetic armament CB mount with a Diligent Sti and that worked great as well. No POI shift between off and on.

thats just it, i do not do any blind or tree stand rifle hunting, even though I'm in PA. I hunt up north in the mountains where its more open woods and fields.

my day will be some hiking through woods on a deer drive, where I won't shoot anything lol. Almost all my deer have been shot at dusk when they come into a clearing or field to feed. Since i've gone down the hide rabbit hole, I've shot everything from a tripod over the last 3 years. Varmint hunting is obviously wide open fields from a tripod.

probably just talked myself into the longer can, since it won't get in the way much,

I’m also in PA, live in north/central and work in northern PA in the kettle creek and Ole Bull state park area.

I don’t see any reason not to go with a longer can then. The magnus is only 2” longer and damn near the same weight as the omega with anchor brake I hunted with for years so I’m going to give it a try.

I use the area 419 hellfire system. It has been great in this regard. IT's more OCD of wanting to keep cans in place after checking zero, but before a hunt.

Switched to Area 419 after initially using the SiCo ASR system, which wasn't nearly as repeatable once carbon built up.
What KT said, RTZ is a non-issue. I hunt with a direct thread can, and just take it off after zeroing (thread protector goes on), and then thread the can back on, before heading into the field. Never an issue.

I’m also in PA, live in north/central and work in northern PA in the kettle creek and Ole Bull state park area.

I don’t see any reason not to go with a longer can then. The magnus is only 2” longer and damn near the same weight as the omega with anchor brake I hunted with for years so I’m going to give it a try.

I live around Pittsburgh but my family’s farm is in potter county, near coudersport/Sweden valley.

I just measured my omega with anchor brake and it’s only an inch difference for the L-ti but you save nearly half a pound and get almost 40% more suppression.

Reactions: Jnull
What KT said, RTZ is a non-issue. I hunt with a direct thread can, and just take it off after zeroing (thread protector goes on), and then thread the can back on, before heading into the field. Never an issue.

I even do it between competition days, for traveling back and forth from the rental to the comp and vice versa. That's how much trust I have when it's a good system.

I also do it for hunting. It's a non-issue with the right system.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I live around Pittsburgh but my family’s farm is in potter county, near coudersport/Sweden valley.

I just measured my omega with anchor brake and it’s only an inch difference for the L-ti but you save nearly half a pound and get almost 40% more suppression.

I do some work around there every once in a while, shingle house and ellisburg. I use to be down RT 6 in sabinsville/Galeton/Westfield a lot but not much anymore.

Sounds like a winner then.

Like has been stated... ANY good quality direct-thread or QD mount should return exactly to zero once removed and reinstalled for shooting. I run the Otter Creek Labs ZR0-DTA 5/8-24 mounts on my hunting rifles and my big L cans. I run KeyMo (QD) on most of my S sized cans, and my Polonium 5.56 can, that way they can all easily and quickly be interchanged, because I have a couple of Sandman-S cans and they are fixed KeyMo mount only, so I like the versatility of being able to swap them around on other guns.

Like has been stated... ANY good quality direct-thread or QD mount should return exactly to zero once removed and reinstalled for shooting. I run the Otter Creek Labs ZR0-DTA 5/8-24 mounts on my hunting rifles and my big L cans. I run KeyMo (QD) on most of my S sized cans, and my Polonium 5.56 can, that way they can all easily and quickly be interchanged, because I have a couple of Sandman-S cans and they are fixed KeyMo mount only, so I like the versatility of being able to swap them around on other guns.

does this OCL system have a taper at all, or is it essentially just a direct thread attachment that's recessed into the can?
either way, its a good idea to save on added length.

does this OCL system have a taper at all, or is it essentially just a direct thread attachment that's recessed into the can?
either way, its a good idea to save on added length.
No taper, just a direct-thread mount that recesses the threads into the can to cut down on length. It works great. I’m running them on 3-4 cans right now. Also, it only weighs 1.1 oz, and is solid titanium, so it’s strong and light.

Here’s some pics of some of mine…

Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L

IMG_8731.jpegIMG_8674.jpegIMG_8673.jpeg

TBAC Magnus HUB

IMG_7829.jpegIMG_7833.jpeg

Dead Air Nomad-LT

IMG_4833.jpegIMG_4834.jpeg

I'd personally run the L ti.

OCL zro for direct thread is awesome as it adds no length.

zr0-dta_0002_zr0-dta__59636.1679685314.jpg

zr0-dta_0000_zr0-dta_3jpg__09062.1679685314.jpg

I'm a fan of Rearden atlas taper mount system for "qd".

Atlas_Nitride-11-e1664400215844.jpg

Rearden_WebProduct_SPB-BN_2.jpg