• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision L3 insight lwts re-sale value

ThermalSpy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2013
The Insight Thermal Rifle scopes, head mounted, and hand held units have amazing resale value. Anyone whom buys an L3 Insight product will likely be able to sell it for thousands more then they paid.

If you look at the prices of the MTM, CNVD-T, and the beautiful IWNS all of these scopes are selling for thousands more then what they were sold at. This will be the same case with the L3 LWTS (just a matter of time )

The reason is that these scopes were intended for US.Mil, not commercial, very hard to get and they are not massed produced.

The Insight L3 riflescopes are a very good investment that you will most likely make alot of money if you ever want to part with it, not many folks do... we beg guys to sell us back their IWNS and MTMs but they just wont!

There are other manufactures that lose thousands of dollars a few years later..but sometimes that can be a good thing for someone looking to save some money,
for instance we are selling the FLIR T60 scopes at $8999.00 from customers whom are selling them back to us now in 2014
and purchasing the L3 LWTS, alot of these guys never even mounted them so these FLIR T60s are still new and the 640x480 image is decent,
we sold about 100 of the FLIR T60 scopes at $12,999.00 in 2012.

SPI recently has raised our price on the L3 LWTS.

Once the L3 LWTS becomes discontinued, the price is gonna skyrocket... We know this because of all the years we have sold and watched the price go up.

Retail store now open in Las Vegas, come visit us and see all the scopes on the market!!

SPI CORP

The Insight Thermal Rifle scopes, head mounted, and hand held units have amazing resale value. Anyone whom buys an L3 Insight product will likely be able to sell it for thousands more then they paid.

If you look at the prices of the MTM, CNVD-T, and the beautiful IWNS all of these scopes are selling for thousands more then what they were sold at. This will be the same case with the L3 LWTS (just a matter of time )

The reason is that these scopes were intended for US.Mil, not commercial, very hard to get and they are not massed produced.

The Insight L3 riflescopes are a very good investment that you will most likely make alot of money if you ever want to part with it, not many folks do... we beg guys to sell us back their IWNS and MTMs but they just wont!

There are other manufactures that lose thousands of dollars a few years later..but sometimes that can be a good thing for someone looking to save some money,
for instance we are selling the FLIR T60 scopes at $8999.00 from customers whom are selling them back to us now in 2014
and purchasing the L3 LWTS, alot of these guys never even mounted them so these FLIR T60s are still new and the 640x480 image is decent,
we sold about 100 of the FLIR T60 scopes at $12,999.00 in 2012.

SPI recently has raised our price on the L3 LWTS.

Once the L3 LWTS becomes discontinued, the price is gonna skyrocket... We know this because of all the years we have sold and watched the price go up.

Retail store now open in Las Vegas, come visit us and see all the scopes on the market!!

SPI CORP

The scope is outstanding, the thread below is worth reading
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...s-thermal-rifle-scopes-stock-accessories.html

Hmmm that's interesting, the other SPI thread disappeared. I guess they didn't want people to talk their true story's and misadventures of the bad experiences they have had with their company... I predict this thread is going to disappear in 3......2......1.....

Hmmm that's interesting, the other SPI thread disappeared. I guess they didn't want people to talk their true story's and misadventures of the bad experiences they have had with their company... I predict this thread is going to disappear in 3......2......1.....

Yeah weird, that thread didn't go their way. SPI, any interest in making good on the "free video cable with LWTS purchase" offer that you posted on this forum and then subsequently retracted, AFTER I purchased? My unit came w/o the $400 accessory that was supposed to accompany it, and after numerous emails and a voice mail over the course of several months I still haven't heard a peep. Good thing I saved that thread post before you edited it.

Im not sure of anyone that is selling MTM's for more than retail used, but I have seen several sold lately for under 5 grand on Ebay.

Yeah weird, that thread didn't go their way. SPI, any interest in making good on the "free video cable with LWTS purchase" offer that you posted on this forum and then subsequently retracted, AFTER I purchased? My unit came w/o the $400 accessory that was supposed to accompany it, and after numerous emails and a voice mail over the course of several months I still haven't heard a peep. Good thing I saved that thread post before you edited it.
You mean they deleted my (Dang!) comment. That ain't right.

Haha! I also find it kind of weird that they always seem to bash or trash talk FLIR equipment even though they are a dealer for them.

so the ad for me to buy because it has "amazing resale value" wins over the "I have accessories in stock"... ok not my first choice but ok.

p.s. im not anyone other than someone that enjoys this forum and info it provides but I believe there are rules on selling... but if someone wanted to be my hero they could do a thermal buyers guide.

so the ad for me to buy because it has "amazing resale value" wins over the "I have accessories in stock"... ok not my first choice but ok.

p.s. im not anyone other than someone that enjoys this forum and info it provides but I believe there are rules on selling... but if someone wanted to be my hero they could do a thermal buyers guide.
Working on it. Sometimes when dealers (like me) write these guides, they can turn out to be a giant sales pitch. To avoid that, I am writing the technical part and I'm getting some outside help when it comes to writing about individual units. I know for a fact that there are guys out there that could put a more informative guide together than I could, so I'll be consulting them as well.

thanks, Delta

if there was pictures and something telling me what all the aberrations were that would have helped

Yes we have the L3 LWTS scope in stock with the VIDEO OUT Cable, give us a call anytime.

(702)369-3966

Just give us a call about the l3 lwts video output cable... No problem

are you saying you will now provide the cable that was originally supposed to come w/ my lwts from you guys as a free extra per your post here on the hide? If so i'll be calling this week.

yes cake5150, no charge for you...give us a call so we can get you the l3 lwts cable overnight!! IMG_7795.JPG

yes cake5150, no charge for you...give us a call so we can get you the l3 lwts cable overnight!! View attachment 52353

Well, it looks like SPI is going to make it right after all. I just got shipping notice on my LWTS video cable. I was asked by SPI to make it clear that the reason I am getting a cable at no charge is because I purchased my LWTS during their "free cable w/ an LWTS purchase" promo back in March and that these are NOT free with current purchases. Thank you for doing the right thing SPI.

I'm at the point for me start planing xmas toys. but im thinking the LWTS is more than i need.

thanks for the info