• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision L3 V-SLIM

turboek

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2008
Salem, NH
I have the opportunity to pick one up for what might be a good deal, can anyone shed a little light/info on them and what they should sell for? I've been searching around and the only one I could find that was for sale at one point was at Will's for $8k. Thanks Hide

it's pretty intense. super bright under nvg's. like, the brightest illuminator by far in most arms rooms

What does it do that a MAWL, Peq15 or LA5 can't do for 1/3 of the price?
Dude it’s like a billion times brighter. It’s like 3 times brighter than a uhp

It’s like so bright it’s almost not useful. I could imagine wanting one if you had a clip on i2 device and need help at like 2k

Brighter isn't necessary better in my experience. However, if it serves a purpose than so be it. Just not at 8k lol. I would rather outfit my whole entire family with lesser lasers that have been proven. Don't feel the need to call in an airstrike. If that is the case... a GCP IR would do.

They are a Class 4 Illuminator with variable power and divergence. 200mW to a max output of over 1W. The V-SLIM not only has a ocular hazard but a skin hazard as well. They have been out of production for a while now so there is little support for this system. It was never sold outside of DOD/GOV so it is more than likely of dubious heritage.

Reactions: deersniper
What does it do that a MAWL, Peq15 or LA5 can't do for 1/3 of the price?

It doesn't have an ir laser in conjunction with an ir illuminator so unless using for long range spotting it doesn't even come close to as useable as any of the above mentioned ir laser devices.

I've used one along side a La5C and a NGAL at steel at a mile. It certainly was bright but was not clean light at all and to me was not as usable as a NGAL or other VCSEL tech. Paperweight if it breaks, just ridiculous pricing and actually quite dangerous to use. Have you tried a LED eye-safe like a SPIR? 600mw and adjustable aperture. Not far behind the others when you use them side by side. I can make a video if I can find the time.