• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision L3 X28 clip on thermal scope.

garrettjusmc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
Marines, VA
Guys I am considering purchasing an optic like the Thermal listed above. Does anyone have any experience with this optic. If so, with a day scope how far are you able to see and engage targets? Are you happy with the resolution? What is a good price to pick this scope up for? Thanks for the input.

Re: L3 X28 clip on thermal scope.

I've made an inquiry... we'll see what the man can tell me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GBMaryland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've made an inquiry... we'll see what the man can tell me.</div></div>

Sounds good thanks!

So, it's actually a FLIR unit, not an L3 unit.

The L3 CNVD-T units are rather expensive.

This unit lists for about $9000.00 and you might be able to shave a few hundred off of that.

I'm waiting for the spec sheet, but I'm not sure if it's ITAR controlled, so I may not be able to post it.

It's possible that I'll be able to give you some first hand accounts of the unit and how it compares.

I've asked as to what kind of recoil it can take...

My understanding was that the internals were FLIR and the manufacturing was done by L3. Could be wrong...

Truthfully, that would not suprise me at all.

I know that sensor is FLIR, but that's so common these days...

Interesting update, there appears to be the ATN Thor320/640 as well.

I'm suspecting that its a FLIR core, probably assembled by them or L3 on contract. Wonder if they are units that didn't make a military contract?

There is a 320 and 640 detector version... And both have 800x600 OLED screens; awfully similar to the X28 by "SPI"

It's looking like we are starting to see less expensive unis, wonder if they are less in the quality department?

I'm wondering how they compare for price / performance to the T60?