• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision L3Harris Ground Panoramic Night Vision Goggle (GPNVG) Now Available EXCLUSIVELY at TNVC

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    L3Harris Ground Panoramic Night Vision Goggle (GPNVG) Now Available for Commercial Sale EXCLUSIVELY at TNVC!

vSHOTT_GPNVG-1792116.jpg

January 22, 2021, The Worldwide Web

You asked for it, we got it…[/size=6]

Hot on the heels of the commercial release of the L3Harris BNVD (AN/PVS-31A), BNVD1531, Factory M914A PVS-14 MNVDs, and the M2124LR CNVD-LR, TNVC is proud to finally announce the release of the last product in our vSHOTT lineup, the L3Harris Ground Panoramic Night Vision Goggle (GPNVG). TNVC is a full distributor for ALL products within the L3Harris Integrated Vision Solutions portfolio, offering finished goods direct from L3Harris.

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-gpnvg-ruggedized-bridge/

Featuring L3Harris’ improved Ruggedized Bridge design, offering greater strength and durability during rough use in the field, as well as four high performance, MIL-SPEC Unfilmed White Phosphor image intensifier tubes that combine using specialized hybrid optics to provide the end user with an umatched 97o degree field of view, as opposed to the standard 40o field of view provided by traditional binocular night vision systems.

vSHOTT_GPNVG_a-1792118.jpg

Previously requiring approval from DoD program managers even for government agencies, by working in close cooperation with L3Harris, TNVC has been able to not only lower barriers to armed professionals with the need and means for these capabilities, but to secure exclusive commercial distribution rights to the GPNVG.

The advantages of the increased, panoramic field of view offered by the GPNVGs cannot be overstated. Not only do they have obvious benefits for assaulters, but they offer critical situational awareness to vehicle and watercraft operators, increasing safety and reaction/response time. When used by multiple operators working in a team, the GPNVGs have a multiplicative effect, offering greatly enhanced security with interlocked fields of fire and observation, reducing operator fatigue and “giving up” dead space when scanning surroundings.

vSHOTT_GPNVG_b-1792119.jpg

These brand new systems, available exclusively at TNVC for commercial sales will come with a complete factory warranty from L3Harris and continuing product support, even after the stated warranty period has ended, as well as factory Tube Data Records for each of the four, matched and collimated MIL-SPEC MX-10160 format Unfilmed White Phosphor image intensifier tubes. The units also come complete with a CR123 powered external battery pack (required for operation, as the GPNVG has no onboard power supply), and are available in BOTH ANVS Ball-Detent format and BNVS Dovetail format mounting configurations with the appropriate cables to function with the mounting configuration.

vSHOTT_GPNVG_c-1792117.jpg

The systems are available for order now at TNVC, with deliveries beginning in Q2 of 2021 and will be a regular part of TNVC’s commercial, military, and law enforcement product lineup, and are available for Professional Level dealers, as well as agency and unit pricing through TNVC.

TNVC has always been at the leading edge of bringing the best possible night vision, thermal, and other visual augmentation systems (VAS) products to the market as possible, not only to military and law enforcement and other government agencies, but also the commercial market.

TNVC is proud to be able to add the L3Harris GPNVG to the list of previously commercially unavailable products that we have been able to bring to market, including the L3Harris BNVD family, offering U.S. citizens and patriots the same cutting edge capabilities as our most elite special operations units. TNVC always has and always will advocate for lawful Citizens to have access to the very best in technology and capabilities, and we’re excited to continue to work with the very best partners in the industry to bring great products to the market.

vSHOTT_GPNVG_d-1792127.jpg

The L3Harris GPNVG is an ITAR controlled item and is not for export without proper licensing and approval.

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-gpnvg-ruggedized-bridge/

Hot damn. Totally not for me, but awesome that you guys are getting these out to all the people who have been dying for them for years.

Reactions: TheHorta
    Hot damn. Totally not for me, but awesome that you guys are getting these out to all the people who have been dying for them for years.
    We have been working with L3Harris for MANY, many months to get these out to the commercial market. This has NOTHING to do with L3Harris all of a sudden reacting to the market other products. You can only imagine the hoops of a larger corp. like L3Harris getting all the proper i's dotted and t's crossed.

We are so excited to bring these to the US Commercial Market! I cannot express how long overdue this is. Thank you.

My first experience under nods was with aviation panos...it's been a downhill slide ever since 😂

Reactions: E-Tool
    We have been working with L3Harris for MANY, many months to get these out to the commercial market. This has NOTHING to do with L3Harris all of a sudden reacting to the market other products. You can only imagine the hoops of a larger corp. like L3Harris getting all the proper i's dotted and t's crossed.

We are so excited to bring these to the US Commercial Market! I cannot express how long overdue this is. Thank you.
    If you throw in a helicopter to transport me up and down the Rocky Mountains, I will buy two pair.

What's generally preferred for these, the ball detent or dove tail? Can they be swapped easily or are you stuck with what you pick?

What's generally preferred for these, the ball detent or dove tail? Can they be swapped easily or are you stuck with what you pick?

Augee took a bit of a deep dive answering that question in tonight’s live stream. I’d give it a good watch once it’s posted.

Personally, I’d opt for dovetail. But I get the love for ball detent

Reactions: battbot

Personally, I'd take the ball detent. I'm a huge fan of ball detent for the easy on/off (especially the guaranteed off when it's stowed). However, ball detent has a risk of unintentionally popping out of the mount, and considering how expensive these are most users will be better off with dovetail.

You have to select one variant or the other because that's how we receive them. Being a factory built device it'd have to go back to L3H for any work to be done such as swapping interfaces.

Personally, I'd take the ball detent. I'm a huge fan of ball detent for the easy on/off (especially the guaranteed off when it's stowed). However, ball detent has a risk of unintentionally popping out of the mount, and considering how expensive these are most users will be better off with dovetail.

You have to select one variant or the other because that's how we receive them. Being a factory built device it'd have to go back to L3H for any work to be done such as swapping interfaces.
    Does the GPVNG have auto turn off when flipped up w/ the dovetail mount?

Cool beans.
    I really hope this doesn’t affect Eliteuas group buy for the PD Panos! Pretty sure those are better than the L3, but lacks the gravy-seal appeal...

• Haha
    Reactions: Dvlray6
    Are you sure? I was just listening to the vSHOTT replay of Day 5, and at timestamp 1:11:49 Augee says that (paraphrashing) "GPNVG's & PVS-31's have automatic cut offs when you flip them off in the dovetail configuration, however they are inertial, meaning they function based on the orientation of the goggle (to shut off). And that you can disable these functions."

Why you gotta do this? My New Year's resolution was to spend LESS on night vision gear! LOL

Really, commercial availability of these units is an answer to my prayers. I guess be careful what you wish for!

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
    Are you sure? I was just listening to the vSHOTT replay of Day 5, and at timestamp 1:11:49 Augee says that (paraphrashing) "GPNVG's & PVS-31's have automatic cut offs when you flip them off in the dovetail configuration, however they are inertial, meaning they function based on the orientation of the goggle (to shut off). And that you can disable these functions."
    I asked Augee and he will expand further and thank you for the question. It's a programming feature. I ran a set of Pannos over this weekend at a Greenline class (dovetail)...

To clarify, the GPNVG does NOT have an internal accelerometer or inertial automatic shut-off in the dovetail configuration, it must be manually powered down.

The BNVD (PVS-31) DOES have one, but it can be programmed to be disabled for manual shut down as well.

With both the BNVD and the GPNVG, powering on is almost immediate, however shutting off requires pressing and holding the button for about three seconds to prevent accidental shut-off.

It's already been addressed and as mentioned, it was discussed during vSHOTT, however in general (not just with GPNVGs)--if you prefer ball-detent, you probably already know it and don't have to ask.

The BNVS dovetail configuration is generally the more stable and secure configuration, which, especially with something with more mass like the GPNVG can be important, and customers without specific needs/desires that the ANVS configuration offers are generally more happy with BNVS configurations, to the extent that if anyone asks me which they should go with I recommend BNVS/dovetail, and the BNVS is used on the DoD side probably 3::1 compared to ANVS.

~Augee