• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LA Precision Rifles Rocks (My new 260)

TDH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
metro Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Just received my new build from LA Precision Rifles. It is a Badger M2008 based build with a Gen 2 receiver. 26" Bartlein HV barrel chambered in 260 rem with spiral fluting on both the barrel and the bolt. All of the metal is done in OD gunkote and is set up to run AW mags.

I haven't got to the range as UPS just dropped the rifle off, but I am very very happy with it so far
smile.gif

4404720540_65906722df_b.jpg

4403956319_a5b76d547f_b.jpg

4404720876_b92608a2bf_b.jpg

Re: LA Precision Rifles Rocks

WOW. Absolutely LOVE the spiral fluting on the bolt / barrel. Really impressive. Since it's from William... I'm sure she'll shoot lights out! Be sure to give us an update after you shoot it.

Re: LA Precision Rifles Rocks (My new 260)

Be sure to torque the rings to the base as I just barely had them snug. I wasn’t sure if you'd need to move them so I left them loose.

Keep us posted on how she shoots. 44.5 grains of H4350, CCIBR2's, RP Hulls and 139 Lapua Scenars shoot lights out in mine.

Nice! The fluting looks awesome. Congrats on a very nice rifle.

it's a great looking rifle and i am sure it is going to shoot just as great!

What kind of optic do you have on there? I dont have my contacts in, I cant read it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! </div></div> +1,000,000

Can you see the scope level?

Nice rig!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW. Absolutely LOVE the spiral fluting on the bolt / barrel. Really impressive. Since it's from William... I'm sure she'll shoot lights out! Be sure to give us an update after you shoot it. </div></div> ditto

awesome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you see the scope level?

Nice rig! </div></div>

You know. Looking at the picture I can't tell if I can see it or not. I don't know why I mounted it in front of the turret. It is offset so I can probably still see it.

I let it and the flat bottom of the scope rest on a table while I tightened it and then aligned the bubble with a level sitting on the rifle to align everything and tighten it down.

I probably need to make sure I can see it
wink.gif

Very nice indeed, congrats. Fill us in with a range report. I am sure it will shoot great, coming from Roscoe

William showed me your rifle when I was picking up my new build sunday.

Pictures does not do this rifle justice.

WOW nice rifle!
Love the fluting on the bolt! What does it cost to get something like that done?
Also, what rings are you using?
Scope is the frosting on the already amazing cake! :p

ohhhh my. (first thing that came to mind.) cant wait to see a range report on that thing
farnsworth11hj.jpg

Super!!! Who did the fluting of the barrel?

That is sweet. I love my .260 Im sure you're gonna love that one. If for some reason you don't, send it on to me...im capable of loving more than one .260 at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Super!!! Who did the fluting of the barrel? </div></div>

That's a question for William. I have no idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Super!!! Who did the fluting of the barrel? </div></div>

That's a question for William. I have no idea. </div></div>

Guessing Kampfeld customs. not sure though

this may be a silly question but how you see the level.

Its an awesome looking rifle, i have one that WNroscoe is doing the work on right now. I cant wait to get that......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: send it 77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this may be a silly question but how you see the level.

Its an awesome looking rifle, i have one that WNroscoe is doing the work on right now. I cant wait to get that...... </div></div>

Someone asked the question earlier and honestly I wasn't sure if I could see the bubble level. After you asked, I decided to go find out and I can see 3/4 of it. Plenty to be able to use it as the whole alignment portion is visible.

The levels are offset and I've never used one so I guess the mounting was done in ignorance. I guess if it works it works, but I can see where I could have moved it behind the turret and been better off.

I have a question about the badger M2008 actions.
What is the difference between the first version and the second that is apparently better?
What was wrong with the first version?

Hope someone knows, because i do not.
I would like to though. :p
Anyone?

6.5 The differences are minor. The tenon length is a little longer on the Gen 2s as well as the bolt release is different. The Gen 1s were only serial #s 1-100 and most all of them have been sent back to recieve the Gen 2 mods. They are both about the same. The only thing that you cannot do between Gen 1 and Gen 2 are that you cant swap barrels between them.

Great looking rifle.

Job well done Mr. Roscoe! I might have to send you an action to get your magic touch.

Rich

when you ready to sell it let me know first
smile.gif

Forgot to ask how do you like the razor scope?
I have the spotting scope and I'm looking at getting the razor bino's next.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunswanted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you ready to sell it let me know first
smile.gif

Forgot to ask how do you like the razor scope?
I have the spotting scope and I'm looking at getting the razor bino's next. </div></div>

I like it well enough that I bought another. I'm by no means an authority, but I prefer it over the NXS it replaced. I can't compare it to an F1, S&B, Premier or a USO as I don't own any of those, but the Razor serves my purpose well.

Very nice looking rifle and I love dem 260's! W.Roscoe you do fine work indeed!

Thanks for the info deadly.
Glad to get the info from ya.
smile.gif

Next question is for everyone!
Does anyone have one that they want to sell?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5toLife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info deadly.
Glad to get the info from ya.
smile.gif

Next question is for everyone!
<span style="font-weight: bold">Does anyone have one that they want to sell?</span>
smile.gif
</div></div>

Everything has a price. How bad do you want it
wink.gif

I would like one, and plan on buying one as soon as i can find one. What is the price TDH?
smile.gif