• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lab radar Sight solution 3D printed

carfi

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
You could 3D print one just like this one.
The 3D file is available link to 3d file here

1528570800715.png
20180609_150507 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20180609_144929.jpg
    20180609_144929.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180609_144929.png
    20180609_144929.png
    2 MB · Views: 121
I would also like one of those. seems like a good fix.

Ala-KAZAAM.

Printed one from the link I had in my post. Send me a PM with contact info and I'll get it off in the mail. I've cursed my Labradoodle so much about aiming the damn thing, I'm happy to help out.

So how does that work? You have a 3D printer, or the link is to an online printing service? No doubt this would be a huge upgrade, just like the phone app I just installed!

Ala-KAZAAM.

Printed one from the link I had in my post. Send me a PM with contact info and I'll get it off in the mail. I've cursed my Labradoodle so much about aiming the damn thing, I'm happy to help out.

Could I get one too? More than willing to pay for time and materials.

Looks like you could work yourself into a job if you wanted.

Just an FYI...I got a guy working one up that I'm going to try out next week. If all goes well, he'll probably be selling them on Amazon.

Ala-KAZAAM.

I’d be willing to buy one too. Message me if you’re willing to do it.

I'd take one too. Over trying to guess if the v notch is actually lined up with what I think it is.

I had my Labradar out the other day and I would've really benefitted from this handy add-on to get it sighted in downrange.

You would Labradar would incorporate something like that in their product. I had a hell of time aiming it properly and picking up suppresed weapons. I eventually sold it and got a Magnetospeed V3 which works every time. Unfortunately I rushed placing my Magneto on a friend’s gun and it cost me $200 when the 300WM round hit the bayonet sensor!! Like they say shit happens!!

Good to see that i am not the only one who is failing in aligning the Labradar with that V- notch sighting thingy.
Did already think i'd be tooo stupid to operate this high tech device.
The v-nut sighting in "accuracy" of the Labradar did really piss me off, that's why i made the (original) crosshair sight as an addon.

Find attached a volumetric model (step file- most CAD programs are able to read step files) of the original design.
It is easier to use a volumetric model than a stl file as a base for modifications.

Feel free to use, modify, print it.

Have fun.
Air

Attachments

• LabradarSight.zip
    38.6 KB · Views: 90
So I got the OK from AIR and the WT808 on Thingiverse to print them and recoup the shipping cost. I have 8 people that requested a copy. One of my printers went down, but the other one churns one out every 2 hours. Three done, one on right now.

I've had a similar issue, and it was most annoying with a pistol actually. I originally used a G36 optic tube in the notch instead of the straw, then designed and printed a mount. I still have a little bit of work to do to finish up the caps for the tension mounting.
IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0745.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg

Reactions: Bull Arms
Here's a prototype I tested. He's making some tweaks based on my feedback, but hopefully coming to Amazon soon. It's similar to the Thingiverse one.

Attachments

• 20180906_193214.jpg
    20180906_193214.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20180906_193307.jpg
    20180906_193307.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20180906_193249.jpg
    20180906_193249.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
So I got the OK from AIR and the WT808 on Thingiverse to print them and recoup the shipping cost. I have 8 people that requested a copy. One of my printers went down, but the other one churns one out every 2 hours. Three done, one on right now.

Can I get one? If so send me a pm where to send funds. Thanks

I've got eight printed and ready to go. In the morning I'll list who has contacted me and confirm everything.

I would like one and would be happy to pay. PM me with details

Reactions: mcc308
So far: (asterisk means I have address)
MilSpecOkie*
Yakstone*
Padom*
mab0852
hertz654
Dave3000
Texasmotor
VSP968

mcc308
PKP851

On the road right now, I'll try to stop by and get some boxes and get them out at lunch tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll get them out late next week when I'm back in my mountain lair.

IMG_0226.jpg

Reactions: pkp851
So far: (asterisk means I have address)
MilSpecOkie*
Yakstone*
Padom*
mab0852
hertz654
Dave3000
Texasmotor
VSP968

mcc308
PKP851

On the road right now, I'll try to stop by and get some boxes and get them out at lunch tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll get them out late next week when I'm back in my mountain lair.

Address sent

My design is pretty finalized for the first round of testing. I've added some reinforcement for long term durability, including bronze bushings and heat set threaded inserts. I'm playing around with the idea of making a version with a powerful green laser, but I don't think I'll be able to see it at 100yds.
IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg

Nicely done, those brass inserts are what I use on my products. I drive them in with a hammer, used to use a soldering iron. What material are you printing from?

Reactions: dfaster
Thanks, yeah these are my favorite inserts to use. They line up great, and they're really strong when you back them up with more than 2 walls. I like using these, and also those expanding inserts with a flange, but I'll use heat to set both of them for some added strength.

This prototype is in an HTPLA for ease of printing and speed, but I do my production parts in XT or PCPlus

Send me a PM if you wanna talk printing! Not a lot of folks making production stuff and I'm interested in talking further.

MilSpecOkie*- sent
Yakstone*= sent
Padom*= sent
mab0852
hertz654
Dave3000
Texasmotor
VSP968 -sent

mcc308
PKP851- sent
OneTopGun-sent
Branson- sent

Seven out the door. Shipping I think is $7.20 . I'll figure out my money accounts later.
Travelling till next thursday, I'll whip up another batch then,

I didn't do much post-print work in these. I find a 22lr brush helps to get rid the 'string-ers' in the aiming area. Might need a razor to clean up bottom edges.

Made some refinements to the design. Here's a few from polycarbonate and a custom carbon fiber/nylon blend I get extruded, they printed nicely, I think they're good to go right off the bed but need to check fitment. Will stand up to about 250f-300f if you end up shooting on Venus or something.
IMG_8029.JPG
IMG_8028.JPG
IMG_8024.JPG
IMG_8023.JPG

It's a single piece minus the screw.
By the way Tyler, those refined ones look terrific! I like how you reduced filament without compromising strength. I still think the outer sighting ring could be half that size to lower the overall profile. Every inch counts in the storage case. I want an enlarged battery door that will allow me to put my power bank in the battery compartment. Velcro works, but I'd prefer a more permanent solution.

MilSpecOkie*- sent
Yakstone*= sent
Padom*= sent
mab0852
hertz654
Dave3000
Texasmotor
VSP968 -sent

mcc308
PKP851- sent
OneTopGun-sent
Branson- sent

Seven out the door. Shipping I think is $7.20 . I'll figure out my money accounts later.
Travelling till next thursday, I'll whip up another batch then,

I didn't do much post-print work in these. I find a 22lr brush helps to get rid the 'string-ers' in the aiming area. Might need a razor to clean up bottom edges.

Got mine today. It looks great, thanks for sending it! I hand turned a small drill bit to clean up the "hairs" and it turned out very good.

I'm the designer of the Labradar sight remix at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2782564 and the rail mount remix at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3142671.

I enabled several 3D-printing service apps on my model pages which will connect you to local individuals and companies that can print your sight and ship it directly to you for a fee. You will need a free Thingiverse account to access these apps. On either of the Thingiverse pages that I linked above, scroll down and click on the Apps tab, choose a service, and then follow their instructions to view pricing and purchase.

Terms and prices vary and I have no affiliation with any of these companies and individuals.

I'm interested in how you become a printing service for models...I've got the capability to run about 300 print hours a day but only during holiday sales do I need all my machines running full blast.