• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar’s For Sale

Smokeytok

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2012
Is there something going on? Never see them for sale and now there are 5-6 on the front page of the buy sell trade section.

Reactions: MCHOG and Jgore
I read on another forum people are selling their Labradar‘s at around $300-$400. I’m just going to wait on the Garmin unless I can get a Labradar for cheap.

You mean the competing product to andiscan that is designed, engineered, and made by a real company and not some dude in his garage?
What do you want? A guy who doesn't own a huge multinational conglomerate came up with an awesome product that is better than a LR or MS, and used his means to produce it for shooters. He came up with it himself, which is impressive as hell.

All garmin did is steal the idea and is mass producing it in china. At least andiscan is made in a NATO country and not a rip off of some other product.

So like I said, its a poor mans andiscan. I'm glad there is a new product coming to market that is more affordable to shooters, but a spade is a spade.

People can shit on the 3d printing all they want but it works, its light and durable. The future of manufacturing is 3d printing so who gives a shit.

All garmin did is steal the idea and is mass producing it in china.
It's a fucking doppler radar. Police cars have had them since like 40 years ago. It's not some new fucking discovery of physics.

Claiming "stolen ideas" and "stolen IP" LOL without the first fucking clue what you're even talking about.

IDGAFF where Garmin makes this thing. It has manufacturing and quality control. It has customer support. It's available through a wide distribution and sales channels.

Made in china? Like the fucking shoes you're wearing or the phone/tablet/laptop you're using to use this site?

GMAFB

Reactions: Islas82 and C130
The panic selling of a $400 electronic device is cracking me up. People are bumping their ads every few hours with price cuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
3D printing has it's place in manufacturing. But to me the overall fit and finish is pretty poor. Especially with plastics. You have to do a lot to get a better finish on the parts. I have used it in the past for one off parts for me and some stuff around the house. But if I was to spend xxx on a consumer electronic, I would expect something with a little better finish.

It's a fucking doppler radar. Police cars have had them since like 40 years ago. It's not some new fucking discovery of physics.

Claiming "stolen ideas" and "stolen IP" LOL without the first fucking clue what you're even talking about.

IDGAFF where Garmin makes this thing. It has manufacturing and quality control. It has customer support. It's available through a wide distribution and sales channels.

Made in china? Like the fucking shoes you're wearing or the phone/tablet/laptop you're using to use this site?

GMAFB
Look at the application. Where was Garmin 5-10 or 40 years ago making chronographs? Its not even within their product lines. They saw an easy money grab by taking someone elses idea, letting the chicoms make it and flooding the market.

When a US company R&D a defense product and then sends it to china, they not only give that tech to the enemy, but loose the IP. You seem glad the PLAGF is going to have another small arms enhancement that is only going to make them more lethal as well.

The Andican is made by a friendly US partner nation. It has manufacturing and QC. It has customer support. No you can't buy it at china mart, but then again anything worth a shit you can't buy there anyway. It was also the first product of its kind (compact doppler) for consumer use.

I DO NOT have a choice where my electronics are made, If you can show me US sourced and made computers/tablets/phones, then I will be first in line. My shoes are made in cambodia, vietnam and the USA. Please tell me more about where my stuff is sourced since you think you know more than I do.

Reactions: Adam B
People are flipping out because if you’ve ever owned one, you know Labradars are a total PITA… and if the Xero is as trouble-free as has been reported, then the Labradar will be obsolete.

Same thing with the RAPTARs, might want to send them down the line before the Vortex Impact lands.

3D printing has it's place in manufacturing. But to me the overall fit and finish is pretty poor. Especially with plastics. You have to do a lot to get a better finish on the parts. I have used it in the past for one off parts for me and some stuff around the house. But if I was to spend xxx on a consumer electronic, I would expect something with a little better finish.
Some of you really need to start using that muscle between the ears. Think about this logically You have a great idea for a product you can make that costs you say $500 in materials and you can sell for $1000 (andiscan). Its a niche product so you aren't going to sell millions.

The Mold alone for something like this could costs tens or hundreds of thousand of dollars, then you have the whole factory that goes around it. How would this be economically viable? You know other companies will come in and steal market share since its such a good idea (ahem garmin) so you have limited time to make your profit. You would be lucky to reach break even costs. 3D printing is actually a great application here. Its light, durable and cheap. Would you be willing to bet 5 or 6 figures of your own money? Doubt it.

The people bitching about how it feels, clearly don't own one. When you see people trying to fuck with their MS or LR and shits not working, and this little 3d printed thing works EVERY TIME, what is the issue? I have like 4 or 5 people ask to borrow it at every match.

Or you could "licence" the idea to china for manufacturing. They will just steal the idea, come out with a competitor at half the price and undercut you into bankruptcy.

I don't know why I have to defend these companies, this shit is basic business. You should know better.

People are flipping out because if you’ve ever owned one, you know Labradars are a total PITA… and if the Xero is as trouble-free as has been reported, then the Labradar will be obsolete.
The LR always sucked compared to the MS, even though the MS was a pain in the ass to setup and you needed to spent alot more for a good mount.

As soon as the Andi came out, @NiteQwill bought one and sold his labradar. I sold my MS3 that I had used for years and bought the Andi Last year. One of the best purchases in this sport to date. Not only does it stay in pack and can be used anytime, I can shoot stages with it attached if I am worried something is off at a match. The only real downside to it is the battery life sucks, but a $10 small light external battery pack with USB-c solves that.

Reactions: rijndael
The LR always sucked compared to the MS, even though the MS was a pain in the ass to setup and you needed to spent alot more for a good mount.

As soon as the Andi came out, @NiteQwill bought one and sold his labradar. I sold my MS3 that I had used for years and bought the Andi Last year. One of the best purchases in this sport to date. Not only does it stay in pack and can be used anytime, I can shoot stages with it attached if I am worried something is off at a match. The only real downside to it is the battery life sucks, but a $10 small light external battery pack with USB-c solves that.

I hated my Labradar and didn’t like the Magnetospeed much either…

I’ve preferred to use a Pro Chrono DLX for a few years now… but looks like the Xero may be in my future.

I wasn’t sold on the Andiscan, thought it was a little pricey for my needs. But I prefer to leave the chronograph in my truck if I don’t have a reason/need to check velocity, for guys who like to shoot near every shot over a chronograph it’s still a good option (unless the Xero is as good or outperforms it, then you better get that sucker into the PX fast lol).

Last edited:
That's the difference between someone using a hobby grade printer vs a production machine

Reactions: Rich4
I hated my Labradar and didn’t like the Magnetospeed much either…

I’ve preferred to use a Pro Chrono DLX for a few years now… but looks like the Xero may be in my future.

I wasn’t sold on the Andiscan, thought it was a little pricey for my needs. But I prefer to leave the chronograph in my truck if I don’t have a reason/need to check velocity, for guys who like to shoot near every shot over a chronograph it’s still a good option (unless the Xero is as good or outperforms it, then you better get that sucker into the PX fast lol).
Its really good to have with newer shooters. If someone is having a gun issue (elevation for example) we can throw the andiscan on , let them shoot the stage, then determine if its an ammo related issue or something else. Saves ALOT of time and aggravation running down issues.

Look at the application. Where was Garmin 5-10 or 40 years ago making chronographs? Its not even within their product lines. They saw an easy money grab by taking someone elses idea, letting the chicoms make it and flooding the market.

When a US company R&D a defense product and then sends it to china, they not only give that tech to the enemy, but loose the IP. You seem glad the PLAGF is going to have another small arms enhancement that is only going to make them more lethal as well.

The Andican is made by a friendly US partner nation. It has manufacturing and QC. It has customer support. No you can't buy it at china mart, but then again anything worth a shit you can't buy there anyway. It was also the first product of its kind (compact doppler) for consumer use.

I DO NOT have a choice where my electronics are made, If you can show me US sourced and made computers/tablets/phones, then I will be first in line. My shoes are made in cambodia, vietnam and the USA. Please tell me more about where my stuff is sourced since you think you know more than I do.

What part of the USML does a commercial hobby grade chronograph fall under? The same one that hobby reloading tools fall under?

How do you know Garmin is making this in China? You sure it isn't Vietnam, Phillipines, Cambodia, Taiwan, etc?

Garmin's timing in market entry means fuck all to me. I'm the consumer, I win.

Who the fuck said anything about chinamart? Quit throwing strawmen around and stick to the fucking point.

The Mold alone for something like this could costs tens or hundreds of thousand of dollars, then you have the whole factory that goes around it. How would this be economically viable?

"Then you have the whole factory that goes around it".....LOL" You can source injection molded parts in volume through brokers like Xometry online in literally minutes with zero capital investment except for a multi cavity mold which runs between 5 and 50K depending on who makes it and where.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars?

EL OH EL

Different day, different subject, same old shit.
Exactly. Hardly 24 hrs coming off the last ban. It's a train wreck that never really comes to a stop, just keeps going.

I still have an old Pact with sky screens somewhere but abandoned it when I got the early model Magnetospeed. That stupid little wheel thingie broke fairly quickly and I bought the V3 to replace it. Then I felt I had to have a Labradar. Spent 30 years in an industry that I had to grow with technology and did it well but my old age is creeping up on me. The Lab was a gigantic PITA. Sold it and just used the Magnetospeed (although not much as it really wasn't good for doing testing/chrono at same time). I tried a MKM bracket but found it to be too problematic to move from rifle to rifle. Then I was talked into the Andiscan by a good friend. My opinion is that the Andiscan (mine was latest Gen) was not without warts. It is difficult to aim and was triggered by every other rifle on the firing line as well. So now it's gone and a new Lab with JKL trigger is my current means of data gathering. So far, so good.
I did see a pic of the new Garmin but really didn't pay attention to price, features or ease of use. I'm just going to ride the Lab horse until I fall off.

Reactions: Hopar and Tx_Aggie
LabRadars were already supposed to be obsolete by now with the Andiscan and BulletSeekers.

The Garmin I’m sure will be a solid unit, but I doubt LabRadar will really become fully obsolete, especially if people are panic selling them for cheap.

Oh, look, I got his attention, his PM:

Sensitive much​

Star Mark unread Leave

[IMG alt="DeathBeforeDismount"]https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/data/avatars/s/186/186833.jpg?1637508080[/IMG]

DeathBeforeDismount

Midpack Mafia​

Supporter

Minuteman

Nov 20, 2021 3,271 4,157 IN YOUR HEAD

Rating - 100%
8 0 0

Add Feedback

Today at 12:12 PM New
1696349545123.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

I have not had any trouble with my Labradar. Think I will just keep using it