• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LabRadar maiden flight

Wile_Coyote

None
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2018
    Florida
    www.none.com
    Took my Bergara and AR10 out today. Was the first day I got you use my new LabRadar. I went ahead and got a couple of accessories. One is Piet trigger.

Public range is a busy place and lanes are seated very close to each other. They were basically full today, so good day for a test.

The LabRadar worked perfect. Every shot was tracked. The Piet trigger is magnetic, but I used an improvised mount that I made to work on both rifles. The Bergara was not suppressed (waiting for the can), but the AR10 was. The trigger caught each shot.

The external USB battery pack kept it running continuously with no issues. I would leave it running when the range went cold and then arm it and continue a group or start a new one when it went hot.

I also got and used magnetic USB connectors. This combination worked perfectly as well. Really easy connect and disconnect.

I didn’t purchase a sight because I wanted to see if it was needed. I didn’t need it. Aiming the unit was easy and quick.

Overall very pleased with the purchase. Much quicker and easier than my faithful old Shooting Chrony. I will try it sometime without the trigger but I am really glad I went ahead and purchased it when I got the unit. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was contemplating purchasing either of both. Another guy and the range was and was happy to hear everything and went home to buy one.

Our club just bought one. Still in the box unfortunately.

Have you thought of getting a magnetic adapter for the usb port? I read some have had problems with the port giving up and one another club also had problems with the port connecting and disconnecting during use.

Reactions: Wile_Coyote

Have you thought of getting a magnetic adapter for the usb port? I read some have had problems with the port giving up and one another club also had problems with the port connecting and disconnecting during use.
    I have the magnetic connector for USB power. It works great.

Reactions: Near miss
    I also got and used magnetic USB connectors. This combination worked perfectly as well. Really easy connect and disconnect.
    Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

The USB connection on the LR drives me nuts. I never knew such a creature existed. Ungawa! I go back to cave now.

(many thanks)

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

The USB connection on the LR drives me nuts. I never knew such a creature existed. Ungawa! I go back to cave now.

(many thanks)
    No problem. Give those magnetic connectors a try. Wasn’t my idea, F-Class John from other sites mentioned them. Not constantly plugging and unplugging USB made sense. Decades of working with computers confirmed USB connectors are not the most robust.

I had one on mine and the blast from a 10mm auto would be enough to kill the power as the magnetic adapter would move. Frustrating so I just went back to the standard plug. My rifles or pistols with silencers, it works fine.

You can also make your own.