• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report LabRadar Range Report

JW74

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
After researching and debating for several months I recently took the plunge and purchased a new Labradar chronograph. I had read several mixed reviews and this was my experience during my first outing.

Prior to heading to the range I powdered up my unit at home and pre-set my units for velocity, distance, etc. I also downloaded the Bluetooth app for my iphone. I initially had connectivity issues with the bluetooth app and my phone connecting to my Labradar like many others have spoken of as well. I quickly discovered that the connectivity issue was due to my phone being connected to my Garmin watch at the same time. Once I disconnected the bluetooth connection to my watch I was able to successfully connect my phone to my Labradar repeatedly without issue.

At the range we were shooting off of a bench and had the Labradar attached to my spotting scope tripod and set in front of the bench. I started by using the notch on the top of the chronograph to aim the unit and thought it looked good. At this point I grabbed a soda straw as some recommended and set it in the aiming notch of the unit. I quickly discovered that I was pointed towards the 100 yard target but pointed about 4 feet high of the target. I made an adjustment and left it at that. Next we fired a series of shots through the four following rifles:

6.5 Creedmoor with APA brake
280 AI with APA brake
338 Norma Mag with Terminator brake
300 WSM with Thunderbeast suppressor

For all rifles the Labradar was positioned approximately 4-6" in front of the break/suppressor and 10" right of the muzzle. The outing was successful with all 52 rounds fired from these rifles recorded and velocities were within 5-10 fps of what I had previously recorded with my magnetspeed. We had no missed velocity readings and the Bluetooth worked well for the most part. The phone disconnected a couple of times but I just closed out the app, reopened the app and connected again.

All in all I am very happy with the unit and hope this info is of some help to others that may be considering one. I have attached some pictures showing the Labradar position relative to our rifles muzzle.

IMG-4073.jpgIMG-4074.jpgIMG-4085.jpgIMG-4086.jpg

Reactions: DJL2
My only complaint about them is on busy range lines, other than that it’s an awesome piece of equipment.

Reactions: JW74