• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Labradar reading way too fast

FingerBlaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2017
First time using my lab radar for rifle, never had a problem for pistol. I changed the mode over from pistol to rifle, but I was getting over 1,000 fps faster than my magnetospeed. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did you change your bullet size and weight? Checked your offsets?

I'm pretty sure bullet size and weight are only used to compute the kinetic energy and power factor values for the output tables. My LR has been on 55gr .223 for ages and I've shot 45ACP on pistol and up to .444 Marlin on rifle and got good numbers.

First, I'd call or contact LR as they should be able to tell you what's going on for sure.

I have had a few instances where I got crazy high numbers, and low numbers as well. I attributed it to being too close to the LR, and maybe the LR was picking up the gasses. Most likely it has to do with muzzle (or muzzle brake) relation to the LR. You prob need to be either further to the side, or more in front, or both. Are you using a suppressor? What gun are you shooting? It could also be that the LR isn't aimed at the target, how are you aiming it?

Oh, I also thought when I got high/low numbers that my tripod wasn't steady. Make sure your gun isn't rocking the LR when you shoot. Any movement of the LR with muzzle blast would probably give screwy readings as the bullet is going one way, and the LR is moving another..

Last edited:
I was using the lr flat plate tripod thing they sell. I aimed using the little v notch. I'm going to try the straw trick next time. Desert tech 308 with no muzzlebreak.

I was using the lr flat plate tripod thing they sell. I aimed using the little v notch. I'm going to try the straw trick next time. Desert tech 308 with no muzzlebreak.

I used a piece of a carbon arrow about 2" long.. first time I tried it I didn't rough up the v-notch with sandpaper and the rtv I used didn't stick too well. So roughed it up the second time and it's held pretty well since. Makes aiming a LOT easier.

Call or e-mail LabRadar, as the guy above said, they are helpful and responsive..

Were you on a wooden bench, concrete bench, prone? If the recoil was jiggling whatever you were set up on I have a feeling that could do it.

i was prone. It's possible the muzzle blast made it "wiggle", worth trying again. I'm having another issue now where all of a sudden it won't power on via USB. they are RMA'ing the device, will repair it and test it.