• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar with Bluetooth New In Box

GunNutz420

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2022
MO
Labradar with Bluetooth new in box, think its worth this?? they have been IMPOSSIBLE to find, but $1100 seems like a lot, but i'm tired of waiting on the Labradars to come back, thses supply chain issues are killing all of us, its every part of the industry.

Let me know what you think, they seem like the best on the market, and the new guys coming out seem more expensive, and DO THEY ACTUALLY WORK

Labradar is tride and true from what ive seen

DON'T POST YOUR EBAY BS HERE AGAIN. YOU WILL BE BANNED. ASK THE QUESTION WITHOUT THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF THAT IS TOO MUCH.

1659064183457.gif

Way too much to pay for a labradar besides give it just a little more time I believe there’s two new ones coming out much smaller.

I've never owned a LR. I have benefitted from people using them helping me. And I hear a lot of cussing around them as well.

A very experienced shooter/gunsmith I know was just complaining at the range a few days ago that you'd think they'd be able write the software to reconnect the BT once in inevitably drops.

Buy the non BT version off Brownells new (I <3 Brownells) or buy used and skip the fleabay stuff.

If you don't have a chrono already and ARE NOT hand loading (shooting groups & chronograph simultaneously), and just want velocity, consider the Magnetospeed Sporter (under $200). Recommended it to 2 guys at the range this morning. Simple, small, easy to keep in a bag, and gets the job done easily if all you want is velocity.

With the LR, you might need additional purchases like a recoil trigger, better stand, etc.

Reactions: 338dude
I've had one for a while. The BT was wonky with one of my phones, it seems the newer BT versions in the newer phones were more advanced than the software.

They did fix it and updated the app. It's solid now.

Do not pay scammer prices.

I know waiting sucks. I've had a pair of Vortex Fury HD 5000's on order since December. Damn things will be on the next version before they get here.

They did fix it and updated the app. It's solid now.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far, personally....there have been times that sucker locked up my relatively recent vintage iPhone and I had to reboot the phone itself and times I had to power cycle the actual unit to get things working again . And I believe I have run across a few other bugs in it.

@GunNutz420 - the blue tooth is just for connecting to their app and IMO the only real advantage this app provides is to turn "Armed" on and off. This is particularly handy shooting prone but not really as needed if shooting from a bench, IME.

I love my Labradar and don't worry about POA shifts from hanging anything off of the barrel or hanging an mounting rod kit from a pic rail or similar. I can collect MV at the same time I'm eval load precision.

But no, I too would not pay that exorbitant amount to an ebay seller.

By the by, and maybe its mentioned above....but I understand the only reason for this "non-bluetooth" version is that they can't get the frakin bluetooth chips.

Might want to call them up and ask if you can get a unit upgraded to BT at a later date when chips are available if you buy a non-BT unit today. Just thought

I got a mass email from LR earlier this afternoon that "Labradar Lite is in stock and available for immediate shipping." $600. Here's the link to the Labradar purchase site (buymylabradar dot com is the legit site).

As far as Bluetooth connectivity is concerned: the app is a buggy POS but it's better than navigating via the buttons on the unit. Whether lack of BT is a dealbreaker is an individual choice.

There's undeniably a learning curve to using the device. After 4+ years of experience with mine, I'm very comfortable and confident in its use. I would counsel would-be buyers that cluttered or close/short ranges are likely to make use more difficult. Use of the low-power setting (in countries which offer standard and low-power settings) may make capturing velocities easier on cluttered ranges where signal reflection is a factor.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, personally....there have been times that sucker locked up my relatively recent vintage iPhone and I had to reboot the phone itself and times I had to power cycle the actual unit to get things working again . And I believe I have run across a few other bugs in it.

@GunNutz420 - the blue tooth is just for connecting to their app and IMO the only real advantage this app provides is to turn "Armed" on and off. This is particularly handy shooting prone but not really as needed if shooting from a bench, IME.

I love my Labradar and don't worry about POA shifts from hanging anything off of the barrel or hanging an mounting rod kit from a pic rail or similar. I can collect MV at the same time I'm eval load precision.

By the by, and maybe its mentioned above....but I understand the only reason for this "non-bluetooth" version is that they can't get the frakin bluetooth chips.

Might want to call them up and ask if you can get a unit upgraded to BT at a later date when chips are available if you buy a non-BT unit today. Just thought
BTW there was another firmware update; 1.3.3 that addresses more Bluetooth connection issues if you'd not seen it.

Reactions: Baron23

Same question I asked myself when I had issues...

Is it the phone or the LR?

Phone technology and BT are constantly moving forward and the LR was not. The app today might be good with the newer BT versions but not the older. Tomorrow it might not work with the next versions. Constant issue.