• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar won't connect

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I was trying to get some data on some reloads today but no matter what I did I couldn't get my Labradar to connect to my phone. It just kept showing connection failed. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it but it made no difference. I was running the battery pack. I started out using the Piete trigger then switched to just sound activated trying to see that would make a difference. Has anyone experienced this before or know how to fix it?

On Android try:

settings>Apps & notifications>See all # apps> ... menu>Show system>Bluetooth>Storage>CLEAR CACHE>CLEAR DATA

Do the same with the LabRadar app, LabRadar>Storage>CLEAR CACHE>CLEAR DATA

If using a different battery pack than what LabRadar sells try a different USB cable. Thin, crappy cables did seem to affect operation including Bluetooth.

I will be the first to admit that all of this is "jiggling the handle". A few Android versions back it seemed that enabling developer mode and changing the AVCPR version for Bluetooth seemed to do the trick. IMO the issue is mostly with Bluetooth and the newer low energy radios and manufacturers not following the design standards including drivers. Couple this with phone carriers not testing or approving most Android updates and you have a dumpster fire of problems.

EDIT:
Also ensure that Location and Storage permissions are enabled for the LabRadar app.

LR App is hot trash. I have never been able to get it to connect to my Note 10+. It will connect to an older phone but nothing newer. They do not support nor has there been any update in over a year.

This is weird, starting having major problems with connectivity today. Could not connect at all nor even read any shots.

I had the same issue when my memory card would get full (Over 100 strings). New memory card or format the existing has fixed the issue with my LabRadar.

The app is crap.

I had the same issue when my memory card would get full (Over 100 strings). New memory card or format the existing has fixed the issue with my LabRadar.

The app is crap.
Actually full? Or just an issue when it exceeds 100?

Actually full? Or just an issue when it exceeds 100?
Not sure of the actual number but it started having issues when I was somewhere over 100 strings. The data card itself still had plenty of room. I suspect it has to do with the sync process Between the app and the LabRadar.

Tried calling LabRadar support and they were not helpful. Labradar had me contact the App folks and still no help. Found mention about number of shot strings somewhere on the web and clearing those solved my issue.

Reactions: 6.5SH
Not seen that one mentioned before so thanks.

Not sure of the actual number but it started having issues when I was somewhere over 100 strings. The data card itself still had plenty of room. I suspect it has to do with the sync process Between the app and the LabRadar.

Tried calling LabRadar support and they were not helpful. Labradar had me contact the App folks and still no help. Found mention about number of shot strings somewhere on the web and clearing those solved my issue.
Interesting. I started seeing CONSTANT connectivity issues at series 100 trying to use it yesterday. I'm also using a 8gb SDHC card (not micro SD per their manual) too.

Swapping SD cards to an empty one and doing a factory reset on the LabRadar seemed to restore communication. Did get it working on a newer Lenovo tablet with Android 10 as well as an old Moto X phone with Android 5 that I put in airplane mode.

Hopefully they will get a more responsive app developer who will keep things up to date. When the app works it is the icing on the cake for convenience. When it fails is like having a TV remote that won't work; frustrating and annoying.

Tried today, 2 android phones (different brands), no dice. Pen and paper ruled supreme. Mates iPhone worked fine. Weird.

Looking to buy one, why I was messing with it. I'll wait until Caldwell comes out, or LR fix their app. I use a Caldwell G2 and it's perfect, app works great. Not range friendly trying to put a chrony out Infront of the shooting line.

Note 10+ user here. Got excited about being able to control it from my phone, but had the same connectivity issues as well. Damn shame LR doesnt support their product like they should.

Note 10+ user here. Got excited about being able to control it from my phone, but had the same connectivity issues as well. Damn shame LR doesnt support their product like they should.
Welcome to the LR frustration club. LR's been promising a new app for years. They even asked me last spring to be a beta tester but nothing but crickets since.