• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lack of Accessories: Phoenix Tactical DCLW Tripod

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    So, about two years ago I opted to purchase a Phoenix Tactical DCLW Tripod…

Overall, it’s a nice, or at least, it would be a nice unit IF there was any possibility of getting footings for the tripod.

Every time I attempt to get an answer from Cheese about when the feet (claws/rubber feet) will be available, I get no commitment or an actual date.

I’d like to add that this is not an inexpensive shooting accessory. Moreover, it did take awhile to get a hold of the tripod… that is to say I placed the order and waited almost a year. (My wife has gotten pregnant, given birth, and our son is about to turn 1 year old... and still there is no sign of feet for this tripod system!)

Here is my question: Has anyone else purchased a DCLW Tripod from Phoenix Tactical only to fail to be able to get parts / accessories for their purchases? (specifically MOUNT and Pod Claw feet for the DCLW)

My next question: Had anyone actually GOTTEN a set or MOUNT or POD CLAW feet for their DCLW Tripod?

I don't think I'm being unreasonable here, and I DO think that waiting several YEARS for PodClaws and MOUNTs seems excessive.

If they're available and I've missed something, I apologize... but I'd really like to hear if I'm the only person with this issue or not...

GB

PS I’ve even offered to PAY up front for the next run of claws or rubber feet in an attempt to get the ball rolling.

Re: Lack of Accessories: Phoenix Tactical DCLW Tripod

I have found no need for the other feet on the tripod. Mine travels more places in the course of year then any tripod out there and the standard feet have been good enough on every type of terrain.

Go buy more ammo and go enjoy doing some shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have found no need for the other feet on the tripod. Mine travels more places in the course of year then any tripod out there and the standard feet have been good enough on every type of terrain.

Go buy more ammo and go enjoy doing some shooting.

</div></div>

You mean the little pieces of metal with the hole in them? Those don't seem to be "feet," but mount points...

Edit: And what about shooting off the front of a vehicle? How do you avoid putting rents into the metal?

Oh, I don't need anymore ammo... I can already start a small war and finish it. -smile-

Not sure what you may have for your feet as the units changed alot but whatever came with it works for me!!

My unit came with 3 very thin peices of metal that look like they are ment for something else to mount on them. They are approximately .75mm thick and have been formed into a "U," there is a hole in the bottom, and they're bolted onto the bottom of the tripod legs. They move back and forth in a single direction...

There is my assumption is that they are not "feet" per se, but made to recieve feet.

Pic post a pic LOL

Wilco. -smile-

I've got the lock smith here changing out the locks on my safes, it it'll be a few hours...

FWIW, and it's not much.... I think P.T. is Tits Ups. I tried to get a hold of Scott, and he has seemed to vaporized. Web site is up and running, but I never received a response to calls or emails. Hopefully, nothing terrible has happened to him or his family, but I'd give up on product from them and move on. FWIW.

When I got my tri-pod it came with rubber covers like you but on the end of a cane. I was told that other feet would be shipped when they came in I have not recieved anything. It has been about a year,I hope what ever problems PT is having work out. I have always been happy with the service and products from PT.

I ordered one of the grouse levels. He took my money, and said they are getting them in soon, but no word since then. It's been a few months now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, and it's not much.... I think P.T. is Tits Ups. I tried to get a hold of Scott, and he has seemed to vaporized. Web site is up and running, but I never received a response to calls or emails. Hopefully, nothing terrible has happened to him or his family, but I'd give up on product from them and move on. FWIW.</div></div>

Yeah, haven't seen him post in a while. I was wondering what the deal was as I was thinking about ordering another D-LOC.

Gentleman,

First of all I apologise for not being around the Forums.
    We have had several issues throughout the last year that very unfortunately kept me away from providing customer service at what used to be a very professional level.
    I will not ask nor am I expecting any sympathy from any customer that may be waiting for a darn long time for any of our product line or any other product lines.
    As for the DLG units, we have just about given up on trying to get those specific units in stock. I am very upset on behalf of my customers that have been waiting for the DLG units and will make a full court press on either getting them (in stock) or getting refunds back out to anyone that has been waiting a damn long time. This will happen within the next business week.
    We are shipping just about every item in a timely basis.
    The Pod Claws are supposed to be here next week from anodizing.
    The adaptors Ski and MOUT footings are being shipped out weekly.
    The DCLW tripods are so very backed up I cannot tell you in any confidence at all that I will have some for OTC availability within the next few months. This is due to contract work that has been growing exponentially over the last few months.
    The DLOC units from bipod to optics usage are in stock and ready to go. The update on them is they are performing up to several optics manufacturers specs and have already been adapted for use with Leupold, Bushnell, and other non publicly mentioned companies...for now.
    What I am humbly saying throughout all of this is I will step up the customer service to what is required by you the user and us the providers. No BS just a promise.

As for any other thoughts about P-Tac:
    We are absolutely in business. Our product line will be out in full soon, the partial product line is in stock and shipping.
    Nobody has died or been incarcerated to my best knowledge.
    And no...I wasn't in Kandahar two months ago.

My very best regards,

Scott

Carter,

DLOC-S units in stock.
    If you order one and it doesn't ship within two business day's it's free.

Scott