• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ladder test and target critique

scottishtornado

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2008
Salem, Oregon
I did a ladder test 2 days ago and I need some help with the results.I forgot my chrony that day but yesterday I did some poa/poi shooting over the chrony and wrote down the #s. I know a lot of it is me and any help you guys can give would be appreciated.
The rifle: Trued remmy 700p with 23inch Krieger barrel sitting in an AICS stock with a zeiss conquest 4.5-14 mildot scope.
The load: 178g A-Max loaded with 44g varget. virgin remington brass full length sized and trimmed to 2.005 with Fed gmm 210 primers. Coal is 2.836.
Heres the ladder test.
DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Here is the pics of the poa/poi with the chrony numbers beside inpact holes.

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Once again any help you guys can give would be great.

Mac

Re: Ladder test and target critique

Shoot groups of 5 or even 10. Let the barrel cool down as much as your patience dictates. Cleaning it between groups can often give you sometime to do and the evaporation of the solvent sometimes helps with the cooling.

Use charges that are closer together, i.e. 44, 44.2, 44.4, 44.6 etc.

What you have there, it is very difficult to ascertain anything from. 3 shot groups are probably too small to really mean anything unless there is a big swing that is predictable.

Re: Ladder test and target critique

What distance did you shoot these at? Hard to say but your load may be between 43.5 and 44.0. In those 2 targets the vertical seems about the same indicating that the barrels may be at the same point of the vibration cycle when the bullet is released.