• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ladder test or OCW???

19dsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Fort Hood Texas
Is it possible to do a ladder test at 100 or 200 yards, or am i better off doing a OCW test? Currently i have a 100 yard shooting range in my back yard (i live on 100 acres), but the current lay of the land doesnt allow me to shoot safely past that from prone or off a bench. I need to work up a new load for my 300 wm with hdy 225 bthp and i was hoping to do a ladder test instead of OCW bc its less ammo, and in my opinion, a little faster and better to find those accuracy nodes. If in my shoes, what would you do? OCW, or try a ladder using calipers to measure the difference?

I added this in the beyond 1000 yard section bc thats what this rifle and load are used for. Normally shooting this 300wm with H1000 and 208 amax to 1600 at a friends range. Want to try the 225 without making the drive out there and loading out of the trunk at the range.