• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ladder Test

Gtummy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2014
Beaumont, Texas
A young professional with no time wants to hire me to run a ladder test on his rifle and develop a load. He is just getting into reloading himself. He is quite a bit larger then I am. (100+lbs and 5-6 inches). I don't think size would effect the nodes much since I suspect his mass (if he was to do it himself) might just increase barrel flex. Am I correct or am I missing something. I understand any good load would probably be better then factory.

The meat sack behind the rifle should have no bearing on the inherent precision of the ammunition or rifle. Application of accuracy, yes, but it shouldn't affect your load development.

When the time comes that you do a ladder test, check out those pre-made targets from Box to Bench Precision. I spent a lot of time measuring out home-made ladder targets but those are accurate and instant!