• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lake City 30-06 Match Brass

grunt0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
OH
Im looking for about 300-500 once fired brass. I would like LC MATCH and it doesnt matter the year but prefer to be same. Im going to use this in my M70 sniper rifle build. Anyone know where I can find some at?

Re: Lake City 30-06 Match Brass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking for about 300-500 once fired brass. I would like LC MATCH and it doesnt matter the year but prefer to be same. Im going to use this in my M70 sniper rifle build. Anyone know where I can find some at? </div></div>

http://www.gibrass.com/brass.html This is where I got about 2K + processed(removal of crimp and clean etc..) for a total of $440.00

Will take about 6 weeks to get to you and he will charge you once it ships..

I've got some 0x fired stuff- still has the powder and bullets in it!
smile.gif

60 or 80 rds worth, dated 1968 I believe...

Reactions: camocorvette

The stuff I bought was still in the "en-block" clips. I seperated the brass from the clips and sold the clips for half what I paid for the whole lot.

Most of the brass got formed into 25-06 brass.

Thanks for the help guys. I still have about 3 more weeks in Iraq. I was getting a feel for what some people might have. I will definitly be getting some real soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got some 0x fired stuff- still has the powder and bullets in it!
smile.gif

60 or 80 rds worth, dated 1968 I believe... </div></div>

Do you still have these and would you be willing to part with them?

I've been looking thru some invoices that I have and it looks like I <span style="font-size: 14pt">may</span> have some brass that may suit your needs.

Here's what I (think) have:

From Jeff Bartlett...
1M .30 LC 68 (this is pristine, his words)
1M .30 LC 67 (this is tarnished, IIRC)
I don't remember if this is match brass. I'm pretty sure it's pull down stuff.

From Widener's...
600 LC Match brass (unfired, pulldown)

It'll take some time to find out exactly what I have, so bear with me, if you're interested.

I'm not looking to rid myself of all of this but, 300 to 500 pieces, I could probably let go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking thru some invoices that I have and it looks like I <span style="font-size: 14pt">may</span> have some brass that may suit your needs.

From Jeff Bartlett...

From Widener's...

It'll take some time to find out exactly what I have, so bear with me, if you're interested.

I'm not looking to rid myself of all of this but, 300 to 500 pieces, I could probably let go.
</div></div>

I got a reply from Jeff today and he said that he doesnt have any Match ammo right now. What is the year that you have? What would your price be for 500? And last if at all possilbe could you take a pic of a piece of brass you have? Thank you. Im still in Iraq right now for another 3 weeks so if you need more time to look at what you have that is no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking thru some invoices that I have and it looks like I <span style="font-size: 14pt">may</span> have some brass that may suit your needs.

From Jeff Bartlett...

From Widener's...

</div></div>

I got a reply from Jeff today and he said that he doesnt have any Match ammo right now. What is the year that you have? What would your price be for 500? And last if at all possilbe could you take a pic of a piece of brass you have? Thank you. Im still in Iraq right now for another 3 weeks so if you need more time to look at what you have that is no problem. </div></div>

OK, I found the stuff I got from Jeff. And some other stuff that I'd forgotten I had.
grin.gif
Don't you love pleasant surprises?

I got this from him in July of 00 and it is nice. It's marked LC 67 along with MATCH on the headstamp.

I will see if I can post pics, but it is really nice stuff.

I'd let it go for $115/ 500 pieces shipped. I paid $150 for a thousand in 00.

And my description above is reversed, the LC 67 is pristine and the LC 68 is tarnished.

You might check back with him for more info.

John

The LC 67 MATCH is that the pulled and non fired stuff?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LC 67 MATCH is that the pulled and non fired stuff? </div></div>

Yes, it's unfired and there are no primers in them.

Yup, if the headstamp says "MATCH" or "NM" (less common), it has no primer crimp.

Gumm'int publications in my possession indicate that at least in the early 1960s, the caseheads on '06 Match were "double-bumped" in the caseforming operations to make them harder back there, to last through more reloadings for the military target teams.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LC 67 MATCH is that the pulled and non fired stuff? </div></div>

Yes, it's unfired and there are no primers in them. </div></div>

Ill take the brass for that price if you dont mind that Im still in Iraq for another 2-3 weeks. When I get home then Ill be able to send you the money for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LC 67 MATCH is that the pulled and non fired stuff? </div></div>

Yes, it's unfired and there are no primers in them. </div></div>

Ill take the brass for that price if you dont mind that Im still in Iraq for another 2-3 weeks. When I get home then Ill be able to send you the money for it. </div></div>

No problem. Let me know via email or pm when you get back then. Where are you located? (stateside)

Im located in Jacksonville, NC. Right outside the side gate of Camp Lejeune.

I have 51 20 round military boxes with 20 rounds of match brass. About half TW and the other half or a little more from LC. I have a picture of the stuff I can send if you will email me at [email protected] and then you can make me an offer. I was not looking to sell but if the price is right? I also have additionally the same amount of rounds of LC but I threw the boxes away tumbled/match preped those round of brass. I probably will never shoot that many in my life time but you never know what the current government will get us into. JesseB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JesseBB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 51 20 round military boxes with 20 rounds of match brass. About half TW and the other half or a little more from LC. I have a picture of the stuff I can send if you will email me at [email protected] and then you can make me an offer. I was not looking to sell but if the price is right? I also have additionally the same amount of rounds of LC but I threw the boxes away tumbled/match preped those round of brass. I probably will never shoot that many in my life time but you never know what the current government will get us into. JesseB </div></div>
TW made '06 Match???

That's a new one on me. What year is it?