• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Lake City 308

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
How's this Lake City 308 175g that is currently still available? I know it's not likely to be FGMM, but is it decent for training and such?

Specifically: Lake City .308win (7.62x51mm) 175GR HPBT M118 LR

Thanks.

How's this Lake City 308 175g that is currently still available? I know it's not likely to be FGMM, but is it decent for training and such?

Thanks.
Shoots great. I’ve ran it in my AX and am currently running it in my 308 gas gun. No issues at all.

I've only got 3 cases of white box
Left. Should last thru the upcoming BS.
And about 3000 once fired empties.
Think I'll move to fla and put it to good use when current proposed legislation gets passed.

Thanks.
It is actually as good if not slightly more consistent than FGMM...at least through my AT. Just bought 400 rounds for $500 from the PX.

Sealed primers and better brass as well.

I'll take it over FGMM any day.

Reactions: BytorJr
The brass is really good too. Like Lapua. I’ve worked up som good loads with it over the years. Cheers.

Only issue is the case weight and volume is less consistent. That said, it is pretty good.

You want to shoot something pretty great in a 7.62, try the Lapua ammo with the 175 grain.

I chronographed a string of 20 and the SD was 8.2...most consistent factory 308 I have used and you have Lapua brass when complete

You want to shoot something pretty great in a 7.62, try the Lapua ammo with the 175 grain.

I chronographed a string of 20 and the SD was 8.2...most consistent factory 308 I have used and you have Lapua brass when complete

Guessing its not for Poors?