• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua 22-250 into 6XC

Mudcat-NC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
Western NC
Cross post from 6mmbr but I wanted to make sure yall 6XC shooters knew the brass was out there and it looks like its going to be a winner. See below.....

Ok, finally got around to necking up and mushrooming some Lapua 22-250 into 6XC. This is super nice looking brass (like all Lapua) and other than sizing, I have done nothing to it. May need to hit some of the flash holes, but otherwise, I dont plan on doing anything else to it. Will be my 600 yard brass (still going to use Winchester for 2-300 stages).

First thing I noted when sizing to 6xc was the doughnut...yep, big one, at bottom of neck. Turns out, probably wont be an issue cause even with mag length 108s the bullet is above the doughnut, but may end up cutting them out anyhow, but those of us with minimal spare time, unless there is an accuracy issue or something else, may just let them ride.

Accuracy, well, I decided to go visit one of my local clubs that I havent shot a HP match at in over a year, so I took 100 of tese rounds and trotted off. They fed great from a mag and while I was a bit off for the first two stages (dropped 6 pts) the "accuracy" stages went both clean with good X counts. Not bad for mushroomed up cases! So dont waste shooting firefomring rounds, use them for at least practice and I wouldnt hesitate to use them for matches past 100 yards too. Looking forward to getting some 600 yard loads ready and shot.

Here is the last 20 shots...for those that dont shoot HP, this was shot from a sling, on the belly, with iron sights. Group of 20 shots measures 1.1 inches.

Load was 38.0grs of H4350, virgin Lapua case, Berger 80BT, Wolf LRM primer. Rifle was a T2k with a Wilson 26 inch bbl at over 2,000 rounds

John

2eohzwl.jpg