• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua 223 brass question

Re: Lapua 223 brass question

no you do not
they are a standard size i dont have that measurement handy
but make sure your die and or depriming pin is centered

I haven't had any problems depriming my .223 Lapua brass.

I've reloaded mine in several dies and have had no problems at all. Best 223 brass I've ever used. Do you have the correct depriming Pin installed? Donald

Best brass I've used for .223, no de-capping problems, check the pin as suggested, unless you got a very unusual batch of unacceptable brass but doesn't seem likely,

The brass you have is old stock Lapua brass, if you look at the head stamp it doesn't say MATCH on it. This is brass that has not been produced for a number of years and does have a smaller .050 flash hole. There has been some of this surfacing lately from where I'm not sure, I had the same problem and had it replaced, at my cost. Talked to the Lapua rep on a few occasions with not much luck. I don't see why you couldn't drillout the hole to .080 but be cautious of any pressure signs from loading, start lower than usual. The flash hole wasn't the only difference in this brass. USE CAUTION !!!!

I think that my problem may be to old stock brass. I measured the decapping pin on my Forrester Benchrest die and it measures .062 and will not go through the flash hole. I bought the brass from someone on the hide so I have to use it.
I'll probably drill a couple of them and check for pressure signs and such.
Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.
larrj

I don't think you were the only one to have bought or traded for that brass from the same person. A week or so there was another hide member talking about a similar issue with his brass. I personally traded some 77 SMK's for this stuff, oh well we live and learn.