• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua .300 WM Brass

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    Are they making this again? If not what's the going rate on Virgin stuff still out there?

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3172.JPG
      IMG_3172.JPG
      65.1 KB · Views: 17
    • IMG_3175.JPG
      IMG_3175.JPG
      57 KB · Views: 20
    • IMG_3176.JPG
      IMG_3176.JPG
      172.9 KB · Views: 18
    that's such a rare box of brass, I can't begin to say what it would go for. I suspect you could take Peterson or AGM prices and maybe add 5-10% for the novelty. According to the "internet" Lapua commissioned Norma to make this to Lapuas spec and it is exceptional brass. Much better than the Norma.

How much do you have, just 100?

If Norma made it, how is it better?

Norma makes brass for other OE companies, to that companies spec. It's said Norma made this brass to Lapuas spec, which is apparently tougher brass. Proving that tbis many years later may be tough, but I think its still out there. Pockets last longer than Norma brass due to the case thickness and possibly the amount of Zinc added, though without testing the zinc levels, that's my own speculation based on old Lapua brown box 6br.

Guess I could be full of shit. I don't know anyone using Lapua 300wm brass due to the rarity. I have seen once fired Lapua 300WM come up for sale, as they sold some loaded 300WM ammo way back in the day. I have never seen a box of virgin cases. It's old brown box, so it's at least 4-5 years old. I would bet much older. Very rare. If seller has 300, I'm ready to buy. 100 cases will make someone very happy.

Last edited: