• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua 7mm

Nortex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
Texas
Anyone heard any news on when the 7mm Lapua Scenar will be out?

I'd prefer to find them in the 100ct boxes. I'd hate to get 1000 and have a rifle that doesn't like them.

Anybody know the bc of the 150?

I'd be amazed if better than ~.58 or .585

That'd require an incredible i7 form factor. Still, at .56-.58ish, these will be great. Suspect they'll go close to 2900+fps from a 7mm08, 7 creedmoor or similar.

Last edited:
Thanks BapZander, I scurried my little ass over to Graf & Sons website.They still had the Lapua 7mm 180gr Scenar-L in stock. I ran a quick and dirty test, 10 each, between Berger 180 Hybrids and the Lapua 180 Scenar-L. Ran weights and base-to-ogive.

First, the Scenar-Ls have an `.020" longer bearing surface.
Berger: Weight ES=.3gr; ES base-to-ogive=.003
Lapua: .1gr; .001

For the Berger's the ES's, B2O's were, pretty much, evenly distributed within the sample. The Lapua's showed only 1 bullet +.1 grain and only 2 +.001". I'll try to use a larger sample next to get more definitive stats.Also, the Lapua's had a very crisp transition between the bullet body and the boattail. The Berger's definitely had a distinct radius.

Last edited:
[MENTION=35997]medic727[/MENTION]

Any update/info/data on those 7mm scenars? BC? Accuracy?

Any an all info would be great!

LAPUA 7MM(.284)150gr HPBT BULLET SCENAR-L 1000/bx
[h=3]Product Information[/h]BC Values: G1: .526 G7: .260

Thanks for posting. Lapua must've very recently updated that info.

I'm kinda bummed about that BC. I was really hoping for a solid .55 or .56, and keeping my fingers crossed for .58. Considering these are ~45¢ each, I think there are better options out there for most medium-and-higher power cartridges intended for 1000 yard shooting.

These would probably be ideal for the less powerful silhouette cartridges and pistol shooters.