• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAPUA AMMO 308 WIN 155 GR HPBT SCENAR (20)

Target In Sight

Where my shots go?!?!?!
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Cali
Came across a site selling Lapua ammo, description as following:
-LAPUA AMMO 308 WIN 155 GR HPBT SCENAR (20)

I have heard so much good words about this bullet, but looking for anyone that has experiences with the ammo.

If everyone's feedback is positive, I am going to order a case or two all together, if not many ppl can chime in, I might have to order a couple boxes to test them out, and promise that I will update this post with my results.

Appreciate anyone who would like to share their experiences.

Dyl..

Re: LAPUA AMMO 308 WIN 155 GR HPBT SCENAR (20)

The 155 scenar is always GTG.

This factory load is slow (under 2800) compared to what most people load it to go 2900 plus. I would try one box first. Blaster

Thank you Sir., appreciate the info!

I chrono'd a box and they were in the low 2700's/upper 2600's (about 70fps variation, slowest to fastest). Better than most factory ammo, a little better than Hornady match, no comparison to handloads. But it is a good way to get Lapua brass.

Thank you Sir.,

Great info. And you hit right on the money that I plan to save those Lapua brass. Don't have the know how, nor the equip. for reloading yet, but seeing myself on that path eventually.

Appreciate the info.

Dyl..

Dyl, how you been buddy? Heard you had a shooting trip with our mutual friend recently. He is the one who turned me on to the 155gr Scenar initially and I wont go back to the 175gr SMKs.

You will lose some of the advantage buying pre-made ammo as it will be loaded to pretty conservative pressures but it will still be a good round. When you are ready to reload, the Scenar and Lapua brass make a good combo when working with Varget powder and CCI BR2 primers.