• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua ammo with different primers (silver/brass)?

Jayjay1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Hey folks,
over an internet auction I bought 400 pieces of .308 Winchester Lapua brass "Once fired, never reloaded."

The brass came today, and it looks old, used and is even a bit corroded.
Now I´m arguing with the seller, and he denies everything.

One question with regard to the "never reloaded".

Did Lapua ever use different primer colours in their 308 ammo?
There are some silver- and some brass-coloured primers.

It wouldn't surprise me if some companies had to switch up primer types due to supply issues recently

Naaaahh, this brass is old, like really old.

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG

IMG_4794.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4786.JPG
    IMG_4786.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 46
That's a shitty deal. Can you tell us the seller, so the rest of us can avoid him?

The silver primed brass looks to be reloaded and definitely on the warm side.

And it looks like whoever reloaded marked the case heads over the primers. Absolutely reloaded and in crappy shape to boot.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
The seller is obviously shameless. Once fired?, yeah right.I assume he was wearing a mask and used an alias.Crooked and so lazy he didn't even try to hide his crookedness by tumbling the brass and wiping off the black Sharpie marks on the case heads.
Sincerely sorry for your loss. I would be so mad I could spit if I were in your shoes.

Occasionally, you can find a mark in the extractor groove from the extractor. That may give you an idea of how many times possibly fired. That's some rough brass.

Ive bought Creedmoor loaded Lapua brass through the CMP.

I have noted both nickel and brass primers in different orders.

Whats in the box will all be the same never mixed in the same box.

The Creedmoor ammo also tends to be very shiny and clean, never tarnished/oxidized.

I know I've had Winchester 22-250 ammo that had brass-colored primers for a while, and then silver-colored primers in a later lot bought years later. That part could be normal.
As others have said, it looks pretty rough, but should clean up nicely. My once-fired 6CM brass looks a lot worse than that coming out of a suppressed AR.