• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua Center X, I hate you! JK. 90 rounds at 100.

Peahi2

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2020
I've been grumbling about my Kidd supergrade not feeding certain ammo ....granted, I know some bullet dimensions probably are a big part of that. I guess that truism of every gun likes its own ammo is true. My gun does not feed: Eley Tenex, Eley semi-auto bench rest precision, Eley Semi Auto Bench Rest Outlaw. Its maddening. I've tried boatloads of magazines, thorough cleaning, examining chamber with borescope, etc. Randomly, other Eley rounds shoot wonderfully: Eley Match, Force, Team, Club, club xtra. All SK ammo functions and shoots great. Wolf match extra is good to go too for me. Up to now, SK long range match has been my favorite.

Today, I decided to break out some center x from the limited stash I have been able to procure. I knew it was good in this gun...but today, I decided to shoot a couple of boxes. It re-confirmed what I feared. My gun likes center x and everything else is a distant second. DAMN$$$ lol.

I was also wanting to put some mileage on this Arken I just mounted (yikes...I know its a very polarizing brand around here). The gun is a Kidd supergrade in a KRG bravo stock, Arken rings that were included in the freebie pack. I shot it off the bench with a bipod and rear bag. I just shot 5 round groups at 100 yards. No editing, no redos. Minimal to no breeze. I knew it was gonna be good when my first 5 rounds to confirm zero were right on. One group ended up high, but it was after I took off the sunshade. My sunshade couldn't fully screw on (touching the barrel), and I jostled the scope around good taking it off. Not sure why it knocked me off zero (yikes).

I was happy, but sad lol. This was the best sustained shooting I've got out of this rifle, but I'm sad bc now I realized its gonna require premium fuel to get the results I want. I'm also sad bc in CA, you aren't gonna find Center x in any LGS. And mail order to your house is illegal. And many online vendors refuse to send to CA. Fortunately there are a a few good ones out there that continue to serve us who are in the sanctuary state lol.

52161079071_7bdd99cdc0_b.jpg

52160055627_bf78a6fe3a_h.jpg

With ALL my other ammo, I get random flyers here and there. Not so with the center x. I know I'm preaching to the choir. I just wanted to get one more data point out there.

Go DUBS!

Last edited:
Damn good groups.

What kind of BS state do you live in that you can't get ammo shipped to your door?....WTF?!?!?!
That's some bullshit right there.
Good luck sourcing some.

I would have liked to have known where you were aiming for each group.
Hard to tell as each group shifts up/down/left/right.
If each had an easily defined aimpoint, I would be able to build the 45 shot target aggregates. :(

Then added the info to the whole box at 100 thread. ;)

I would have liked to have known where you were aiming for each group.
Hard to tell as each group shifts up/down/left/right.
If each had an easily defined aimpoint, I would be able to build the 45 shot target aggregates. :(

Then added the info to the whole box at 100 thread. ;)
Those targets do not lend themselves to a specific aim point. They are inexact and complex.

No idea why serious shooters use gimmick type targets.

A99EE63D-43CB-4BB7-9930-88D692E07320.jpeg
No offense to the shooter, thanks for posting. If you get some plain pater targets and add a tiny aiming point those groups will shrink.

Those targets do not lend themselves to a specific aim point. They are inexact and complex.

No idea why serious shooters use gimmick type targets.

View attachment 7896788No offense to the shooter, thanks for posting. If you get some plain pater targets and add a tiny aiming point those groups will shrink.
No worries. Actually, I like these targets better than 1 inch pasters bc I shoot with 25x. With the 1 inch black dot paster, that actually gives me NO aiming points. With Shoot N C 1 inch posters, there is a 1 inch version that has a little diamond in the middle. With that I can aim at a point on the diamond. I didn't have more of those.
34117__57998.1520767455.jpg

I'm getting more of these on amazon...I go through tons of these.

On the targets in my first post, my aim point is at an intersection of the lines. I usually orient the targets in a diamond shape and shoot at the uppermost intersection, but this day, I was in a hurry and just put them squared up.

I actually like these targets because the intersection of the line provides a precise aiming point. Granted, I can select where to aim since there 4 possible intersections. It comes in handy, either way, because the boxes are 1 inch squares so I can usually tell if I"m shooting MOA.