• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua/CIP to 308 switch barrel

Cody Richardson

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2013
Louisville, ky
Is there such a beast (besides the AXMC) that allows for a CIP length to be swapped to a 308 win? I know in the old AMXC they used the magwell insert to cover the space difference of the CIP length mag and the 308 mag. I would ideally like an AXMC but trying to see if I can build something similar with a lapua bolt face action I already have

There are more rifles than the AIAX MC that has that capability but they all include different boltheads or complete bolts to go along with the caliber swap. So you will need a new bolt or bolthead. What action are you using and thinking about converting?

Look at; Sako TRG M10, Barrett MRAD, DTA SRS, Voere X3 and probably a few more that I dont know of.

If you already have the action (assuming 700 footprint), check out the Eliseo RTM. The lower swaps out and you can go from CIP long action to short action

Reactions: Sig Marine