• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua Edging on Alpha's 6GT?

FNG1001

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Now that Lapua will be releasing 6GT brass, anyone switching from Alpha to Lapua? Not sure how hard to find it will be compared to everything Lapua/Berger.

I’ll be picking some up just to compare. I don’t expect much difference

They can't even meet the demand for their current offerings. Berger, Lapua, Sierra with the new loaded ammo line. Sierra bullets out of stock everywhere for awhile now.

I'm starting out with 6GT as a poor and will be using 200 Hornady cases.

By the time I've shot out the Hornady....I'll see what's available between Alpha & Lapua....

I'm starting out with 6GT as a poor and will be using 200 Hornady cases.

By the time I've shot out the Hornady....I'll see what's available between Alpha & Lapua....

That’s what I did. Bought 200 rnds of Hornady factory ammo to break in the barrel and accumulate brass. Bought another hundred pieces of Hornady brass from GAP so it was all the same.

I’m at 5-6x fired right now and during that time I’ve had to cull about 6 pieces of brass due to loose primer pockets. I’ll stick with the Hornady brass until my barrel is shot out, then I’m switching to Alpha when I screw on my new barrel.

Reactions: DubfromGA
That’s what I did. Bought 200 rnds of Hornady factory ammo to break in the barrel and accumulate brass. Bought another hundred pieces of Hornady brass from GAP so it was all the same.

I’m at 5-6x fired right now and during that time I’ve had to cull about 6 pieces of brass due to loose primer pockets. I’ll stick with the Hornady brass until my barrel is shot out, then I’m switching to Alpha when I screw on my new barrel.

Sounds like the path I am on.

1/2 dozen culls over 300 cases on their 5th-6th firing seems acceptable to me.
Heck....I may get lucky during load work up and find an accurate low node that I can shoot for a while.