• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua for .223

nfngun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
NY
Ok i can see and even understand high end brass for larger calibers at long distance the question will the Lapua quality be seen in a .223 at closer ranges ...

I was fine with lake city once fired but I have moved into the next stage of reloading, seperateing bullets and brass by weight ect. Tempted to buy a box of Lapua to find out if its worth the price vs new Winchester at half the price. Some of the best groups ive had so far was fire formed blackhills which is supose to be winchester.

Re: Lapua for .223

I use Lapua 223 brass for a couple of guns. It is better overall, but Winchester has also been very good for me over the years. I think you can get good performance with LC brass too. I would, if you don't already, anneal them regularly.

Re: Lapua for .223

I also run Lapua brass for my 223

Mainly because I decided I can use some other type of brass and spend time prepping and sorting cases or just buy Lupua and leave it as it comes.

Also the Lapua brass dose last pretty well, after repeated firings.