• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua "Midas M", "MASTER", and "Multi-Match"

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I found some of the above mentioned ammo today and am trying to determine exactly what it is. I have gathered so far that it is discontinued. Or at least the names are.

The problem is that there are literally tons of variations in 22 match ammo, and for a relative newcomer, it is a nightmare trying to sort it all out.

I am asking in the hopes that some of you who have been shooting match or precision 22's for awhile, can tell me what this is exactly.

I plan to try it in a couple of my 22's, and the problem would be, if one of my guns love it, can I replace it? LOL.

I mean, is there a direct replacement with a new name? (I would think likely)

Re: Lapua "Midas M", "MASTER", and "Multi-Match"

Midas M is probably the forerunner to Midas+ that is still made,,last brick I bought was 160$$

I have a Brno 4 that will shoot 200/18X on the A23/5 target at 50 yards,,and 1 inch or less groups at 100 yards,,

The Lapua Master and Midas came in two different bullet diameters, the letter after the name designates the bullet size. I have some Midas M and Midas L but I don't remember which is the larger bullet. The M shoots the best in my Anschutz.

Lapua Midas "L" and "M" were top of the line ammo in its day. Have shot lots Of "L". It was slightly larger in diam than the "M". Call Bruno's shooter supply or Ron Hoen and they can give you the lowdown on each.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lapua Midas "L" and "M" were top of the line ammo in its day. Have shot lots Of "L". It was slightly larger in diam than the "M". Call Bruno's shooter supply or Ron Hoen and they can give you the lowdown on each. </div></div>

Lol, yes, Ron said it was good stuff.

I would personally find something current production, unless he has a shit ton of it.

I ended up with around 4k rounds of it. More than I need likely. Will see if any of mine like it then decide what to do with it.