• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua Scenars - Any Issues?

TexIndian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2011
Corsicana, Texas
I just got a box each of Lapua Scenar 155gr and 167gr to try loading for my .308. I've never used them before.

Do these have any special likes or dislikes in your experience? Are they anything like the Berger VLDs where distance to the lands is an issue? Thanks.

Re: Lapua Scenars - Any Issues?

I use 139gr 6.5mm scenars and they are awesome. The bullets are very consistent. I jump mine 0.010 and they're awesome.

The VLDs (which I also have zero experience with) seem to like being jammed into the lands. That's based on what I've read.

The scenars are different from the VLD's in their design and are much easier to get to shoot. You should be able to jump them and have no problems. The 155 scenario is a good bullet.

I shoot the 139gr. 6.5 also and jump mine about .0150. Scenars are the most consistent bullet that I have loaded. I use a comparator so I check at the ogive and there are very that are not dead on. They should do you well.

I've found with my 2 rifles, ssg69 and aw. The 155 Laps have to be pushed between 2850 to 2900 fps to get them to perform.
Any slower than 2850 and the groups start open up.

COAL is 2.820 which I use for both rifles.
Powder used is Varget.

the 155 is a good palma round so if you are running a short barrel you might struggle to get the best out of them

The 155 Scenars like to run fast (2900+ fps).

In my gun they like up close to the lands (0.005 through 0.030) then dislike medium jumps (0.045 through 0.075) then shoot well at longer jumps (0.090 through 0.125) {Long throated Remmy.}

I have never used any 167's but, I love the 155's.

I have no idea how far they are jumping in my rifle. I load 2.820 COAL, Varget, BR2 primers in Lapua brass and it shoots easily under .5 MOA from a 22" Rock barrel.

As said run them fast above 2850 fps they prefer 2900+. Out of 22" barrel I am at 2930 fps. All rifles I have shot them in prefered some jump .010-.015

They shoot awesome and my best groups have been with them. I now shoot 175 SMK's just because I don't need to push them hard.

i have always had great luck with these, in my 6.5 grendel, 260, 6.5 creedmoor. just got some myself for 308. they havent been fussy at all in the .264 diameters.

My FN A3G likes the 167's (1in12) a lot more than the 155's. Do great out to 600yds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unsichtbar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As said run them fast above 2850 fps they prefer 2900+. Out of 22" barrel I am at 2930 fps. All rifles I have shot them in prefered some jump .010-.015 </div></div>

What powder/charge are you running?

I couldn't get the 155 Scenar's to shoot as well as some others in my TRG 308 did not play with length seated long so put on shelf. Got a 260 TRG and same as 308 not quite as good as others UNTIL I started jumping the snot out of them now my go to bullet in the 260. Going to revisit the 155's in 308.