• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua SRP Brass and Lee Collet Neck Sizing Die

pbatesaz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Phoenix, AZ and Cimarron, CO
Is anyone using the Lee Collet Die with Lapua small flash hole brass? How did/do you deal with the larger diameter decapping pin for the die? Turn down the pin or enlarge the flash hole? Or?

Dont enlarge the flash holes. Chuck it in a drill and hold it on a file or spend 25 bucks for a redding.

I don’t decap in the same step so I just removed the pin. That said, if you have access to a shop, you can ask the tool makers to reduce the pin diameter in a Monoset (cutter grind) or with lots of patients do it yourself.

An idea I have not tried is to ask Lee if they will do this for you. They have made custom diameter mandrels for me in the past, so it should be no big deal for them to sell you a new mandrel and reduce the pin diameter. I would ask them and see.

Reactions: pbatesaz