• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAR 8 308 RRA Range pic.

Birddog67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2012
TX
Took out my LAR 308 RRA this weekend . I tried 168SMK federal factory AMMO . I was inpressed to say the least. picture is of a 5 shoot group at 200 yards . the range i shoot at has a 600 yard range shooting 16x16 steel plates so i thought i woud give it a try I had 6 bullets left . so i dialed 16.6 MOA , and I hit the target 4 out of 6 times , I was really impressed can not wait till i start reloading , but not sure i will be able to beat accuracy like this ,

[img:right]http://[/img]

Re: LAR 8 308 RRA Range pic.

I think you'll be surprised at what accuracy can be had from RRA barrels. I have an Elite Operator 2 .223 that gets consistent .75-.8 MOA groups at 100 and 200yds using Hornady V-Max and Z-Max ammo (interchangeable in terms of accuracy in my rifle). I was content since it was a 16" barrel and went after mimicking the load using RL10-x and 55gr V-maxes. After doing my OCW test and fine tuning I went to get my velocity readings this past weekend. I shot 3 groups less than .75" at 100yds! With one in the .3s!